nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:23 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

PhoenixR wrote:
I look forward to watching you guys race. I will say, however, that this is the only sanctioning body that I have encountered where the same car can be legal in one region yet illegal in another...

this is the perfect statement.

1990 Acura Integra #510

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Again this is only for so.cal not for any other region. the choice was made by so.cal racers so I do not really understand why so much issues from other region.
this is not a reflection what is going on in HC in any other place than So.cal, again rules change was made from HC2 Racers that participates in most of the races.

Button willow looks to be very promising with Renan coming, Edo should be there, Jeremy and Manny confirm,Joe landry, Tom Paule, Myself, Dona is coming, so looks like we will have the top 5-6 drivers in the country.
to be honest if you are not in the top five I would not worry about your HP limit :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:28 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

The az guys took note of this change because quite a few of us already had a couple of socal races on our schedules for this year. Come to find out many of our cars will end up being illegal...

AZ-H2 #19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

So what am I , step child, don't make me mad or I will go run pt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:30 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Maybe I'm just a little confuse French man, but this post was to inform my So.cal HC2 racers about the changes that was requested by them.
I thought this forums was to beast way to inform my peeps :)

sorry about starting a major issue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:32 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

Location: 2011 HPD Honda Challenge H1 National Champ, 2010 H2 National Champ: HC's ONLY 2-class Nat'l Champ
realride wrote:
we are trying to improve, and bring back good clean competition. the future will tell.

I think the socal region just killed a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for the car count to potentially be over a 20-car H2 field at a socal regional event or two

If you want to BRING BACK good clean competition, revert to the rules that have worked in the past. Or at least keep them stable for more than 2 years in a row!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The present is telling you that another upset in rules (adapting NATIONAL level rules to a single region) forecasts the future doesn't look as promising as what it could be.

MOST, if not all of the AZ region was willing to make the trip to Buttonwillow to race with the socal folks!!!!! Now with this adapted national ruleset, the AZ region is voicing their opinion and not going at all. How sad.

If the socal racers was to have a "gentleman's agreement" to use the national hp cap for the regional socal racers
then so be it....and leave it as a "gentleman's agreement", and not enforce a national rule regionally.

Just think, if the AZ region showed up to a socal event and what kind of showing (big field) the HC field would've had!! Not to mention the other fast H2 racers from nor cal willing to battle with everyone and the potential for great racing throughout the ENTIRE field (not just the front runners).

But I'm sure the socal region is happy with the new rule enforcement-afterall, it is the socal region and everyone else are just visitors. And with that said, having a less than 10-car count for the HC race.

These hp caps all because of some Ass-hole that LEGALLY built his engine to the rules for the 2010 nationals, made great reliable hp and won H2-under the myth of that it cost BIG MONEY to build the engine, when it in fact, it cost less than $1500 in machine work. The cost incurred, would be that of an engine rebuild anyway.

Last edited by jmeris on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:32 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

PhoenixR wrote:
The az guys took note of this change because quite a few of us already had a couple of socal races on our schedules for this year. Come to find out many of our cars will end up being illegal...

AGAIN this rules is for SO.CAL only. being from AZ you will not be illegal, unless you want to run for championship points in So.cal

We would love to have the AZ or N.cal come and join us, and you will have no HP limit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Im a little confused. SoCal Honda Challenge is segregating themselves from the rest of the Honda Challenge nation? Of course I have the right to be concerned I race in Honda Challenge.

1990 Acura Integra #510

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

jmeris wrote:
realride wrote:
we are trying to improve, and bring back good clean competition. the future will tell.

I think the socal region just killed a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for the car count to potentially be over a 20-car H2 field at a socal regional event or two

Just think, if the AZ region showed up to a socal event and what kind of showing (big field) the HC field would've had!! Not to mention the other fast H2 racers from nor cal willing to battle with everyone and the potential for great racing throughout the ENTIRE field (not just the front runners).

I'm glad to see all the interest from N.cal and AZ to run the full season in the HC2 So.cal championship.
So in the case that all of the racers posting on this forums are entering the so.cal championship, it will be an amazing season in so.cal.

So if truly you all intend to run the entire season in so.cal I may have to revised this rule has none of you participants vote for this rule change.

I'm looking forward to see all the entries for Button Willow with excitement, I will keep you posted but will honor no HP if we getting the over 20cars entry mention

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:41 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

realride wrote:
PhoenixR wrote:

AGAIN this rules is for SO.CAL only. being from AZ you will not be illegal, unless you want to run for championship points in So.cal

We would love to have the AZ or N.cal come and join us, and you will have no HP limit.

I was going to say this but didn't want to make a statement I'm not qualified to do. This agreement was just for us , everybody else is welcome with all the hp they can bring. There now everybody is happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next