nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 am 
Postmeister
Postmeister

sperkins wrote:
philstireservice wrote:
I would say it might be very difficult to prove where the old set was purchased...

buy a new set from a participating vendor, that will solve it....

That statement alone exemplifies exactly what's wrong with this program. :roll:

Why is that? If you (not you, but you in general), had read the rules to begin with, you would have purchased the tires from an authorized vendor to begin with and all would be well !!!

Team Dynamics Jongbloed SM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Phil - you have obviously forgotten what it's like to be a grassroots racer. Sometimes guys have to dig coins from their couches just to buy scrub tires. Regardless of who or where they buy from, if they are black, round and have Hoosier printed on the side of them; they should be eligible for the contingency - period. I'm not going to argue this topic with you so blast away - you're sure to win this debate (because it never started).

#27 '99 FRC
TT3/TT2/ST3/ST2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:13 am 
Super Postmeister
Super Postmeister

The program for Hoosier is designed to sell more tires. Otherwise why would they do it?

Ken Brewer - 1994 Toyota MR2 #6 TTF, PTF, E3
One of the regular ol' NASA-TX Time Trial Directors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

here's the email response I got from Jeff about using won/purchased '09 tires and Tim's contact:

Mark,
Thanks for writing and good question. You are welcome use Tim Gilvin(tgilvin@hoosiertire.com) or myself as contact names to NASA claims or questions.

Yes, you are welcome to use 2009 purchased A6/R6 tires to win / runner up a 2010 NASA event. There is no need to purchase new tires in 2010 to be eligible for our contingency payout.

Also, there is no need to register again if your signed up last year. Feel free to forward my answer to any NASA competitor that may need to know.

All of the details to our program can be viewed at: https://www.hoosiertire.com/cont.htm

Have a nice weekend.

- Jeff Speer, HRT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 am 
Postmeister
Postmeister

sperkins wrote:
Phil - you have obviously forgotten what it's like to be a grassroots racer. Sometimes guys have to dig coins from their couches just to buy scrub tires. Regardless of who or where they buy from, if they are black, round and have Hoosier printed on the side of them; they should be eligible for the contingency - period. I'm not going to argue this topic with you so blast away - you're sure to win this debate (because it never started).

Listen.....First off racing is expensive, we all know that. Secondly we, PTS, didn't make the rules, we just are left to follow them, and thirdly, if Hoosier wants to award you with tires, and you have purchased tires from a vendor other than one on the "list", that is their perogative........(on a side note this contingency would never have happened if it wasn't for my input !!)

You should, however, send an email to them voicing your opinion about "where to purchase them", they are more then accommodating in most cases.

And lastly, I do remember and still deal with, how hard it is to come up with a few bucks for any item in racing......we are all in this together. I love this sport and the people in it....well most of them, lol.....I am thankful that I am able to scrape out a living doing something I truly love...the end !!

Team Dynamics Jongbloed SM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Phil, please just start bringing more trailer tires! October last year(VIR) you did not have enough.

Signed,
One blown or flat tire per event(or so it seems) :cry:

TTB - #04 N.E.R.D. Racing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

ff2skip wrote:
Phil, please just start bringing more trailer tires!

One blown or flat tire per event(or so it seems) :cry:

Ditto.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 am 
NASA Official
NASA Official

Loser wrote:
Does that mean in order to be eligible for contingency my existing Hoosiers should have been purchased from one of the trackside vendors? If so how does one go about proving the purchase of an old set of tires?

Yes
I am very sure Hoosier can check the S/N and know where they shipped it if you would like to confirm with them.

2011 Mid-Atlantic Second Loser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 am 
NASA Official
NASA Official

sperkins wrote:

I would like to buy some scrub Hoosiers and go at it, but that isn't how the contingency works. There were some last year that thought that was OK (including me), meaning they ran on Hoosiers and were therefore eligible, but that is simply not the case.

2011 Mid-Atlantic Second Loser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Can you run A6's and receive R100's or vice versa?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next