nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 105
dcazin wrote:
laze1 wrote:
A couple of us in NASA-SE installed OEM NISMO front bumper covers...Dayum they look good! :mrgreen:

Not sure what / if any performance increase I got...but Dayum they look good! :mrgreen:

Also should make it easier to install the front brake ducting...that is my next project.

I do plan to do a HR hood, and the rear bumper cover and wing as I can get them at decent pricing.

I know this stuff helps with performance, but it hasn't been a night & day deal for me so far.

but Dayum they look good! :mrgreen:

Oh yes, Fans and Sponsers love the NISMO look!!! 8)

What kinda pricing are you seeing?


I found the V3 Front Bumper for 549.00 -- do you have an avenue for less?
Thanks


Remember you then need to add the V3 DIFFUSER/underpanel, and it also has to be OEM, so add another $500. You can NOT buy a metal replica.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1906186188 ... s&var=sbar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm
Posts: 227
Location: redwood city, california
Can we revisit the topic.
These parts are way over priced and look very 90s in my opinion.
Nissan needs to drop the prices substantially for all drivers entering the class!




FastNotFurious wrote:
B Esquire wrote:
I say allow aftermarket. The OEM parts have a CLEAR aero advantage and eventually when the series gets competitive enough everyone will be "required" to buy the ultra expensive OE parts.


There certainly needs to be a more cost effective alternative than dealer parts or the overpriced (and extremely rare) used parts - a good racer price from Nismo would be great but all my inquiries to the racer parts program have never seen a response (that's a whole different topic)...

It would be one thing if this was a "low risk" part but bumper covers? I can buy just about every other body part cheaper than the Nismo plastic bumper covers (ask me how I know :shock: )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 am 
Offline
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:49 pm
Posts: 492
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
esr wrote:
Can we revisit the topic.
These parts are way over priced and look very 90s in my opinion.
Nissan needs to drop the prices substantially for all drivers entering the class!




FastNotFurious wrote:
B Esquire wrote:
I say allow aftermarket. The OEM parts have a CLEAR aero advantage and eventually when the series gets competitive enough everyone will be "required" to buy the ultra expensive OE parts.


There certainly needs to be a more cost effective alternative than dealer parts or the overpriced (and extremely rare) used parts - a good racer price from Nismo would be great but all my inquiries to the racer parts program have never seen a response (that's a whole different topic)...

It would be one thing if this was a "low risk" part but bumper covers? I can buy just about every other body part cheaper than the Nismo plastic bumper covers (ask me how I know :shock: )


I agree, I think there should be heavy pressure from everyone who is involved with Spec Z to pressure Nissan Motorsports to change this rule. It just doesn't make sense to try allow such expensive body work in what is supposed to be a cheap series. It seems like everyone I have talked to is behind this idea.

My vote is for cheap homemade splitters, a modestly priced wing that will still be less than the NISMO wing and be WAY more effective, and the cars would be faster AND cheaper!

_________________
-Brian Lock
NASA NorCal ST/SU Group Leader
Valkyrie Autosport, Ltd.
http://www.valkyrieas.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:53 pm 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm
Posts: 227
Location: redwood city, california
Just priced the complete body kitt from Nissan motorsports.
$5000, they don't keep it in stock, comes from Nissan.
Same price as what the Nissan dealerships buy it at!
These parts need to be painted.

Wow

Would like to hear comments!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 pm 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm
Posts: 227
Location: redwood city, california
The general silence leads me to believe that people are using replica body work.
Don't ask don't tell rule!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:49 pm
Posts: 133
esr wrote:
The general silence leads me to believe that people are using replica body work.
Don't ask don't tell rule!!!!


I have raced against 19 Spec Z's across the country since 2012, none of which were out of compliance for their body panels. All of the cars from the 2014 Eastern States Championships were in compliance as well.

I believe the Spec Z community strives to have their cars in compliance to the rules; that is part of the spirit of the series. The new driver from MN was forthright about his front bumper not being legal- my guess is that he will update that when he can.

"Don't ask don't tell" rules are not tolerated in this class.

_________________
David Dirks
Spec Z #76
Rocky Mountain Spec Z Director
2013 Spec Z National Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 pm 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm
Posts: 227
Location: redwood city, california
19 would soundlike a great number if we were in peru or Guatemala.




quote="dmdirks"]
esr wrote:
The general silence leads me to believe that people are using replica body work.
Don't ask don't tell rule!!!!


I have raced against 19 Spec Z's across the country since 2012, none of which were out of compliance for their body panels. All of the cars from the 2014 Eastern States Championships were in compliance as well.

I believe the Spec Z community strives to have their cars in compliance to the rules; that is part of the spirit of the series. The new driver from MN was forthright about his front bumper not being legal- my guess is that he will update that when he can.

"Don't ask don't tell" rules are not tolerated in this class.[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am 
Offline
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 35
+1 I know Nissan wants to sell parts, but the prices are insane for the limited value. These car builds are turning out to be pretty expensive for a SPEC class, and honestly, not very competitive against other, what should be similar cars. Not to mention the weights on the cars are unrealistic IMHO, how do you get a 03 down to 3100lbs? without pulling the engine!? ;-)

_________________
2000 Panoz GT-LS ST-2/SU #62 - Gone

2003 Spec-Z #62


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 am 
Offline
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:49 pm
Posts: 492
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Eric1h wrote:
+1 I know Nissan wants to sell parts, but the prices are insane for the limited value. These car builds are turning out to be pretty expensive for a SPEC class, and honestly, not very competitive against other, what should be similar cars. Not to mention the weights on the cars are unrealistic IMHO, how do you get a 03 down to 3100lbs? without pulling the engine!? ;-)


I totally agree with you on the body panels, however I don't see why people can't get the weight down on the cars.

My 03 in Spec Z trim weighed 3115 coming off track with me in it (180 lbs) AND over a 1/3 tank of gas. And that was WITH the speaker box still in place which weighs about 40 lbs, and can now be removed. This past weekend the car weighed 3040 coming of track with driver by removing the speaker box and door bars.

We need to get rid of the myth and common thought that you can't get these cars down to weight. You can, you just have to be thorough.

_________________
-Brian Lock
NASA NorCal ST/SU Group Leader
Valkyrie Autosport, Ltd.
http://www.valkyrieas.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replica body panels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:34 am 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm
Posts: 227
Location: redwood city, california
You are in the wrong topic!


B Esquire wrote:
Eric1h wrote:
+1 I know Nissan wants to sell parts, but the prices are insane for the limited value. These car builds are turning out to be pretty expensive for a SPEC class, and honestly, not very competitive against other, what should be similar cars. Not to mention the weights on the cars are unrealistic IMHO, how do you get a 03 down to 3100lbs? without pulling the engine!? ;-)


I totally agree with you on the body panels, however I don't see why people can't get the weight down on the cars.

My 03 in Spec Z trim weighed 3115 coming off track with me in it (180 lbs) AND over a 1/3 tank of gas. And that was WITH the speaker box still in place which weighs about 40 lbs, and can now be removed. This past weekend the car weighed 3040 coming of track with driver by removing the speaker box and door bars.

We need to get rid of the myth and common thought that you can't get these cars down to weight. You can, you just have to be thorough.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group