nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:06 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Hi guys, i will be going to my first HPDE once the season starts but i have a couple of questions.

I will be going with my dad to the event so he can take some stuff with us there.

I already have my helmet and everything and i checked up on the rules for safety and i am good to go there.

Now my questions: If my dad wanted to race will he be able to sign up for a hyperdrive session and use my car when i don't have a session? I understand i saw 2 driver slots on the tech inspection paper so it had me wondering. And if he did want a HPDE session he would have to sign for the event and get a membership, i assume he wouldn't be able to use my car for his session because our sessions could be at the same time?

Also do friends and other family members have to pay an entrance fee?

And my last question is, do i need a number for my car and where can i get one if i need one?

Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:02 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Welcome! Much of this is going to be region- and event- or track-specific, so your best bet is to contact the region directly from https://www.nasaproracing.com/regions . We all do things pretty much the same, but there can be some differences. Where/when do you plan to do your first HPDE?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Gateway motorsports track at the week of April 11th. I will check that out thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 pm 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Yep. Talk to Matt Rivard, http://www.drivenasacentral.com/contact.php . I moved this to the Central Region subforum also. Hope it helps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I can answer all of your questions here.

Your dad can certainly drive you car in a single session (hyperdrive) no membership is required, just a hyperdrive session fee. That would be with an instructor, but it would take away one of your sessions since we run hyperdrives in the HPDE 1-2 group.

There are no gate or spectator fees, everyone is welcome and all they need to do is sign our participant waiver at the gate upon entry.

You do need numbers in all groups, and we have them available at the track in both black and white vinyl, 10" tall to satisfy all the requirements. There is a fee for the numbers, but minimal, we just have them for convenience and simply pass the cost on to the drivers that want to use them - $12 - $18 I think depending on how many you want.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:37 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Sounds great, thanks.

How much would 3 numbers cost me roughly? i do need 3 numbers which are on the sides and 1 front or back right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:35 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

You only need numbers on each side, so minimum of 2 total. You could run up to a 3 digit number, requiring 6 total numbers. I know we have specific pricing that is not in front of me right not, but I will say they are $3 each at the track.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:47 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Just to follow up on the numbers, you can use blue painters tape to form numbers. The numbers will need to be large enough so that the race tower can identify each car individually but tape is an option. I will say, they will not look as nice as the vinyl numbers in the event photos. ;) Here's an event photo from a few year back when I bought some the numbers NASA sells:

http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/FD_PI ... 1177-3.jpg

Honda S2000 #324
2016 TTB Central Region Champion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I also cut decals and have for several of the NASA members who could potentially vouch for me if necessary. I'd be happy to cut numbers for your car. I have several colors and if I don't have one you're looking for I can usually order it and have them in a couple of days. I'll be at the Gateway event and could hand deliver them but if it were me, I'd live to have them before hand and would be happy to mail them to you. $10 for 2 numbers on each side (4 total numbers) and $15 for 3 numbers on each side (6 total numbers).

Off the the top of my head I think I have white, black, blue, red, pink, orange, yellow, gray, green, and a carbon fiber pattern.

If interested, my email (which is also my paypal) is joe_mossie@hotmail.com or message me here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:09 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Just did a couple of these and I'm getting murdered in paypal fees and shipping wasn't great either.

$15 for 2 numbers on both sides (4 total digits) and $20 for 3 numbers on both sides (6 total digits).

If you want to just pick them up from me at the event (I'll be there Friday setting up) the lower price holds.

Let me know. The vinyl I use is Oracal 6 year outdoor vinyl. Holds up very well, professional look.

Joe