nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Rfactor downloads
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Last week I downloaded Rfactor with the intent to get sign up for some events and get involved. Rfactor downloaded just fine. I used it in its stock form for about a week. I decided that I'd like to enter the E90 series, so I downloaded the E90 car from the link on Nasasimracing. That went smoothly, and I continued for another 2-3 days to use the new car on the tracks that came with Rfactor. As I wanted to enter the E90 series, I tried to download the rest of the files given from the link from Nasasimracing. The tracks download to my computer, but they dont link to Rfactor. If I scroll through the tracks, I dont see the new ones that I attempted to download. I also attempted to download other files from other series, (ie. ALMS) and they too dont seem to link to Rfactor. Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ray Prato
Nasa NE
#91 AI

AI #91

"If you're in control, you're not going fast enough" - Parnelli Jones

Post subject: Re: Rfactor downloads
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I haven't played the game, but try and figure out where you downloaded the track files to, and make sure they are in there correct place. They should probably be saved in a track folder within the game file.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:17 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I was able to take the tracks and move the files into Rfactors file under 'location'. The file 'location apparently has all the tracks listed. So now when the game is started I can choose the track. Once chosen however, I get to the screen with the track map and it doesnt go any further, the track doesnt load. WTF. Any suggestions?

Ray Prato

AI #91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/help/install_tracks.cfm

let me know if that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:36 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Im finding the only way to successfully down load anything to rfactor is to go to rfactorcentral and use the one click method of down loading. Being extremely new to online racing, I was wondering if the downloaded track is exactly the same asthe same track i would have down loaded from race2play? More importantly, can the track i down loaded from rfactor central be used to race on race2play? I signed up for an E90 race tomorrow so i should find out quickly. Also, i see there isaspecific car setup that needs to be down loaded. That may be a problem. But i did down load the car from race2play, so hopefully its ready to go.
Im thinking of deleting all rfactor files, including the sim itself and starting over. I feel as if im doing something wrong and itshouldnt be this difficult to down load apps forthe game.

AI #91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

ray on rfactorcentral they have the the rmi mustang that you may want to download. many times if there isnt a installer i will go into the rfactor main folder and insert the folder so that they mesh together.