nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:50 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I am interested in getting set up with a quality sim. I think I probably don't want one of the ebay cockpits and wheels that look cheap. I am looking for a little more high end, but don't want to spend $7-10k.

Anyone buy nice stuff but looking to get rid of it? I could pick up in socal or dallas areas...

email me as I don't check the forums that often...
matthew.andrews at motorola dot com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

ECCI wheels/pedals are top of the line. In the range of $1200-$1600 new (and worth every penny).

There is a guy in TX that has been trying to sell his ECCI setup if you want to contact him. See http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=11772 for the info.

www.ecci.net for info on the wheel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:00 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

thank you.

I can't pm the guy as I'm not part of the forum there, and sign up take admin approval. can you possibly ask him to post contact info or send him a pm asking him to email me?

So I have seen that wheel before. "worth" is subjective, but does that one really have features that warrant that much of a premium? Also, he only bought the 2 pedal version, can it be converted to 3? I don't really know what I'm buying, and haven't really found anywhere/anyone that can point me in the right direction.

So I buy this, then I need a seat and some sort of frame (suggestions on what to buy?), and a pc. Anything else?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:04 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I have sent him your info to contact you. I know he has been wanting to sell that rig for some time but not many racers int he TX area for his "pickup only" restriction.

Ann ECCI setup is definitely worth every penny. In fact, I like to use the analogy of the ECCI equals Ferrari and any other wheel equals a Saturn. Which would you want to show up to a race with?

As for the 2 vs. 3 pedals... there really is no need for the clutch pedal in sims and is the reason why many manufactures do not even offer them. Though ECCI does offer them, again it really is just for show more then real use. The sims themselves just do not model clutches properly, and there just is no reason to use a clutch on up/downshifts in the sims (though a good throttle lift or burp is always a good thing). It is nice, but not worth the extra $150-200 you would pay for it. But, to answer your question, yes you can purchase the upgraded pedals from ECCI. Only problem with that is that you have to send your pedals in to ECCI for them to make the conversion and you would not be pleased with the shipping costs of such a heavy pedal setup.

His asking price is very fair. Fact is, if he were willing to ship it, it would have sold a long time ago at that price.

PS - I have been using an ECCI setup myself (2 pedals) since 2002. Though I spent almost $1000 on it, I have yet to have to buy a replacement and doubt I ever will. Considering I would go through the plastic setups in less then a year each (some lasting less then 3 months before wear required a replacement), the $1000 ECCI has been a less expensive route over the long-haul.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:42 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

thank you. hopefully he'll reach out to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:39 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

You have mail. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:55 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

BTW, yes you can buy the clutch pedal separately. last I checked, it was about $75 (if I remember correctly).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:07 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I've spent the last week moving from CA to Dallas, so I've been offline.

I never received an email. I think the email address associated to this account no longer exists as I canceled my cox account when I left CA. more info than you wanted, I know. Can you please resend to this address?

matthew.andrews at motorola dot com

thanks!
matt
949-275-3513