nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Motion Sim Build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Hey guys. I am new here and wanted to see if I could post up some pics of our new motion sim. If I am breaking any forum rules let me know...quickly looked when I signed up and I think I am in the clear.
Pretty excited about taking our static sim to the next level and offering D-Box full motion. If we are good to keep adding pics, I will post up more as the build progresses.

Thanks for looking
Mark Lutes

Post subject: Re: New Motion Sim Build
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Got the seat from The Joie of Seating...it is their Saturday Night Special seat made for us and our sim chassis.

This particular simulator is set up a little more towards circle track racing. We have another one we are building that is a GT Style with a composite seat and floor mount hydraulic pedals.

This particular one also has our own reverse mount hydraulic pedals and will have the Joes Racing floor mount throttle.

ECCI7000 Force Feedback Steering

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Completed static TC-R1

Seems this NASA sim thread should be a little more lively!?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:17 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

the D-Box chassis in the raw. All TIG welded construction.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:58 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Closer look at the extras that our hydraulic pedals have. We use dual slave cylinders on the brakes...one for each master cylinder. One slave has a hard/firm stack and the other slave has a softer stack. The brake bias adjuster lets you adjust pedal feel from the cockpit by adjusting the brake "bias" between the hard and the soft slave cylinder. The pressure gauges let you monitor your changes. This gives the best real world braking feel available in a racing simulator. Our Joes Racing Products throttle pedal allows for numerous adjustments to make the throttle as close to your real race car as possible...adjustable throttle ratio and easy spring tension adjustments.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:11 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

RT-1 Motion Pro

Coming in 2015

Race car simulation has made huge advancements in the past few years in both softward and hardware development. Couple these advancements with the current and future real world testing limitations and ever increasing testing expense and you will quickly understand why a professionally engineered and designed racing simulator can be a substantial benefit to your race team.

The RT-1 Motion Pro is the ultimate race car driver training simulator for under $100k...race like you train and train like you race!

Semi-Monocoque composite and tubular chassis/tub offers the most realistic real world race car cockpit environment.

Right or Left hand drive models available.

Modular interior cockpit design allows for the most accurate replication of any GT/sedan/ prototype or stock car ergonomics available in any simulator.

Virtually silent 4 actuator motion system offers the driver an invaluable connection between the driver and the virtual world.

Key Components and Features

1) Reverse mount or floor mount hydraulic pedals featuring Wilwood or Tilton pedal boxes and Wilwood master cylinders. Throttle options for reverse mount are floor mount or firewall mount Joes Racing Products throttle. We offer the only cockpit adjustable brake pedal pressure adjustment utilizing a dual slave cylinder system that functions with the brake balance bar and cable adjuster. This allows for tuning brake pedal feel as close as possible to your real world brake pedal feel.
a) adjustable fore and aft and height for precisely locating the same as your race car pedal locations

2) SimSteering force feedback wheel for the highest quality race car simulation steering feel and function available.
a) The servo unit is mounted off the front bulkhead and uses a real race car steering shaft, u-joints and shaft hanger. This allows for precise positioning of the steering wheel.
b) Quick release mounted rim of your choice with numerous button plate and display options
c) Accurate paddle shifters available

3) Seating position is adjustable fore and aft and angle to replicate race car seating position.
Some of the seats we offer are Cobra, Bimarco, UltraShield, Joie of Seating or we will fit any seat of your choice.
a) Composite
b) aluminum
d) bead seats

4) 5 point safety harness (currently developing a belt tensioner system to add g-force sensation)
This will aid in braking inputs and add a physical driver connection to the virtual race world

5) Accurate shifter location and function
a) custom sequentials available
b) custom H-shifter available

6) easily customizable and configurable dash and button/switch panel layout

7) integrated driver ventilation system for those extended training sessions