nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:41 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Legends cars have always been allowed to autocross but have been classed in AMod or BMod where they are hopelessly outclassed. The SCCA is considering classing them in FMod against F440(snowmobile engines) and Formula V's (Beetle engines) and is looking for feedback on it. I have some Legends and autocross experience and would love to see the two combined. FMod is a good match if Legends cars are allowed to make a few changes. I would suggest that they allow any stock, production, naturally aspirated motorcycle engine with 2 valves limited to 1300cc, 4 valves limited to 1100cc. Also, I would let them run any tire on wheels up to 10" wide and be allowed to run a limited slip differentials. Send your letters of support to mac@scca.com and hopefully we will have one more place to run Legends cars.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Run on the full course for maximum experience. The cars are more competivive running and really welcomed especially with NASA-SE. See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0gFBCy8xI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Never run an autocross with one but on open track thats not even a comparison. I ran an 1100 when i first got my car and was around 2 seconds a lap faster i believe. If open track is any comparison a FMod legend would be a ringer

Red Mist Automotive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Autocross is significantly different than road racing, here's a video of a Legends car in autocross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsfVNAvPrA8
I have run a Legends on an asphalt oval and I have autocrossed, but have never combined the two-I think it would be awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:44 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Look like fun but i have to repest myself racing is a rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO4KpxbXAU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

The SCCA has brought up Legends cars in autocross again. I am revising my earlier stance that different engines should be allowed. I now think that the only mods allowed are wheels/tires/shocks. This way a Legends racer can sway tires, go autocrossing competitively one weekend and run his/her usual Legends track the next.