nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:12 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

CHR wrote:
Mods are great. My crew chief designed a sway bar for my legends.

How did that work out for you? We are planning on building one for our one Thunder Roadster that we test stuff on. Its running 500#-600# front springs and we are trying to get away from that. :shock:

Red Mist Automotive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

A 500# spring on a TR? Man. You guys do things different. I think I have a 300 in the front and 225 in the rear. I have a ThunderCup body and run the car with NASA and PBOC in Florida, with a bone stock water cooled Yamaha powerplant. Goes 2.32 at Sebring, 2:17 at Daytona, 2:16 at VIR, 1:41 at Road Atlanta.

-Scott

2008 National Champion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:12 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

We run the oval car with a bone stock water-cooled yamaha with 225/45-15 Hoosier R6's. I also dont think we have 225's in the back, i think they are lower. 175 maybe? I'm going to be back by the car this coming weekend so i can double-check, I remember the front because we just kept adding spring and the car kept getting faster. Till we ran out of heavier springs to put in it at 500!

When we went to Daytona i think we ran like low 2:15's or high 2:14's. I can't remember. I know we were atleast around 2:34's at Sebring... Might have been faster or slower but thats close... It's been so long since we ran there. I could check the MyLaps tomorrow. If you want to look for Mike Piecko. We usually ran PBOC's winterfest deal against tinker and his buddies. At daytona we had a close race between us and the black and yellow car, his name is Rick im pretty sure.

Red Mist Automotive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:44 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

i think we run 300 & 225. The sway bar works great in the corners keeping the car planted better
CHR wrote:
Mods are great. My crew chief designed a sway bar for my legends.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:56 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

No chance a stock water cooled Yamaha went 2:14 at Daytona. I drove the tar out of mine and it went 2:17 once, and I don't think anything was being left on the table. This was on a hot day. the 2:32 at Sebring was in the dead of summer. I think there is another second or two in some cold, dense air.

I generally run with Tinker and his crew. Rick is a regular in the yellow/black Thundercup. That car, like most others, is busa powered. I have the only water cooled Yamaha being raced in Florida, I believe.

-Scott

2008 National Champion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:52 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

BigKeyserSoze wrote:
No chance a stock water cooled Yamaha went 2:14 at Daytona. I drove the tar out of mine and it went 2:17 once, and I don't think anything was being left on the table. This was on a hot day. the 2:32 at Sebring was in the dead of summer. I think there is another second or two in some cold, dense air.

I generally run with Tinker and his crew. Rick is a regular in the yellow/black Thundercup. That car, like most others, is busa powered. I have the only water cooled Yamaha being raced in Florida, I believe.

-Scott

Rick has a Thunder cup now? We have not yet made the trek down this winter so i did not know that! I know they all run busa's with carbs on them. Unless this year they switched back to injection. But as of our trip to daytona we were still the only one with an injected one. And as of our last visit they all still had GP bodys on their cars.

If you dont believe me you can feel free to check mylaps yourself. It does not bother me either way but you can also ask tinker and co. if we had a busa or anything in our white car. The white one is the car i am talking about. Driven by Mike Piecko.

I also believe that the oval car is better through the air than the thunder cup since the one we brought to daytona last year (the blue one in Randy's video) was flat outrun by our white car, which is all stock old-style oval bodywork. It does not even have the big front scoop or the vents in the hood. If thats the case along with some mid 70's or so weather and better tires do you really think 3 seconds is THAT hard to believe?

Red Mist Automotive

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Yes, Rick has the full body car now. We have 4-5 full body cars running, the rest are GP bodies. They all have carb'd busas except for my carb'd Yamaha. I think Tink had an injected car, but he put it back to "spec". He has a 2009 busa in one car and it is fast.

I had Hoosier 880 tires on mine, so I guees the R-6 tire and good weather would make a difference. The ThunderCup is a pig through the air, the drag is huge. The 3 seconds just sounds like a lot, but I guess the tire, weather and body might add up to 3 seconds.

I will have my ThunderCup at Miami-Homestead in two weeks and will see how that runs. Going to run the 25 Hours of Thunderhill this weekend in an ES Factory Five Roadster. Should be fun.

-Scott

2008 National Champion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Check out the video from Road Atlanta Toy Run 12-6 :arrow: http://vimeo.com/8098811

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:01 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Nice video as usual! Do you have any video of your starts? One of the coolest things about these cars is how well they do on the starts. Makes them fun to watch.

Red Mist Automotive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Yea, the starts are cool. Here is a video from August at RA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO4KpxbXAU
I have a lots of videos on you tube "Circle Heart Racing"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next