nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:52 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Hey guys, got a few TR questions that I can't seem to find answers to on the interweb.

What's different between the round-track TR's vs road course? I occasionally see round-track TR's for sale for significantly cheaper than road-course setups. Just curious what specifically has to be changed. (I'm familiar with the benefits of the water cooled motors vs the older air cooled motors)

What's involved in the hayabusa motor swap? Is there a company that makes a swap kit? (motor mounts, etc)

There appears to be a strong spec TR class in the SE region, but those tracks are a bit far for me. I'd be closer to the Mid-Atlantic region (VIR is my closest track) but there doesn't seem to be much of a TR group. So I'd either need the 'busa motor and run ST3; or maybe run the spec setup and hope ST4 develops a crowd.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:42 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I am also curious about the difference between the circle track roadsters and road course ones.

I wish this forum was a bit more lively.
-durty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

i will try to answer your questions. the circle track TR and road race TR use the same set up except for the spring setup. i can only speak about the road racing. the front spring match and the rear spring match example 275 front and 250 rear. both use the spec. tires are the best and last a long time with good performance. the TR has for road racing has to be setup sq. not off set to one side like circle track cars.
the TR come with 1250 Yamaha air or water cooled. these engines will not hold up to road racing long straight, so the best choice is the second gen hayabusa.2008 to current. ebay is a good source. you have to buy the engine as a kit with all electronics and FI system.
you can buy the motor mount and headers and clutch mount from toy by tink that is gary tinker he knows everything about tr/busa
program.

thunder roadster is perhaps the very best car for the $$$ for road racing. you can lookup few of my races in you tube under
Firouz haghighi. if you have any other questions feel free to call me at 817 233 6344

good luck hope to see you at the track

team texas
firouz

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:19 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

If VIR is your closest track, you're in for a treat.

Our new "Bucket List Series" for Thunder Roadster Extreme (basically the stock TR class but with fuel injected 'Busa engines with 100% stock ECU's) will be there for Hyperfest in a couple of weeks. We'll have multiple coaches and a "hospitality" tent, so swing by, check out out the cars, meet the guys and get any questions you have answered on the spot. The easiest rig to pick out is the red Volvo Toter and stacker behind it.

Yes, we're running 'Busa engines, which is an obvious difference, between roundy-round cars, but as you'll see, there's a lot more as well. Brakes, radiators, seats, suspension pickup points on the rear, axle housings, rear gears, etc.

My name is Scott and I'm in the above mentioned Volvo and drive number 77. (Well, 771 at VIR due to a number conflict.)
Swing on by and hang out.

Full Throttle Racing Thunder Roadster (#77)

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:56 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Thanks for the invite Scott. I was talking about Hyperfest with a friend just yesterday. I'm still in the process of pulling the motor out of my C5 track car so I won't be driving, but it would be fun to watch the festivities for the day. If I can make it I'll definitely swing by and check out the TR's.