nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:00 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Hi Folks,
I've searched several times on the NASA SE website and the NASA main website for the NASA SE TR Spec rules with negative results. Can someone point me to a link or send them via email?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:46 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

call randy sudder at 704 517 4470

good luck
firouz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:59 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Try here:

http://www.trr-nasa.com/Thunder_Roadste ... /Info.html

#73 Spec E30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:49 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

juliancates wrote:

I can't get that link to work for me, it ties out everytime.

However I did find the rules on the 600 Racing website, if NASA SE uses the same ruleset I'm close to good. I would likely never trailer from Oregon to Atlanta for a race, i was wanting to use the rules for west coast expansion.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:17 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Sgt.Gator wrote:
juliancates wrote:

However I did find the rules on the 600 Racing website, if NASA SE uses the same ruleset I'm close to good. I would likely never trailer from Oregon to Atlanta for a race, i was wanting to use the rules for west coast expansion.
Thanks.

Hmmm, that's interesting, I was just there and now I can't get to it either. I did manage to save the ruleset while I was there and put it up on Dropbox so you could get to it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/606638/rules.pdf

I think the website was a little dated (2014) and therefore the rules might have been amended slightly since then. Too bad the website's not working, as it had a bunch more cool stuff about TRR other than just the rules, which is why I shared that link here. I don't believe the NASA SE ruleset is that close to the 600 Racing rules. For example, you can use any engine in the NASA ruleset provided it's under 140hp and you meet the appropriate weight for the HP you're making.

The rules I just linked to should be a good start, but you're going to want to get in touch with somebody actually racing one of these to get the latest. Somebody gave Randy's number already, and you might also look here:

http://nasa-se.com/roadsterrag.php

Good luck!

#73 Spec E30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:17 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

juliancates wrote:
Sgt.Gator wrote:
juliancates wrote:

Thanks.

Hmmm, that's interesting, I was just there and now I can't get to it either. I did manage to save the ruleset while I was there and put it up on Dropbox so you could get to it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/606638/rules.pdf

I think the website was a little dated (2014) and therefore the rules might have been amended slightly since then. Too bad the website's not working, as it had a bunch more cool stuff about TRR other than just the rules, which is why I shared that link here. I don't believe the NASA SE ruleset is that close to the 600 Racing rules. For example, you can use any engine in the NASA ruleset provided it's under 140hp and you meet the appropriate weight for the HP you're making.

The rules I just linked to should be a good start, but you're going to want to get in touch with somebody actually racing one of these to get the latest. Somebody gave Randy's number already, and you might also look here:

http://nasa-se.com/roadsterrag.php

Good luck!

Perfect. Thanks Julian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:16 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

We don't run the INEX rules posted on 600's website.
Mainly, there's the 140hp maximum with a 12lbs/1hp ratio. (As mentioned earlier, any motorcycle engine is OK to get there.)
There's also some allowances to upgrade brakes, read end housing and very slight suspension mods.
Another one is that we can run any wheel as long as it's still the same size, same bolt pattern, etc, and the wheel/tire combo still weighs 33lbs.

Shoot me an email and I'll send you the latest 2016 SE rules.
slanford77@yahoo.com

Full Throttle Racing Thunder Roadster (#77)