nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Electric fan removal?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

I am looking at doing an non-electric fan removal on 99 M3 for the sole purpose of keeping the car cool, and the stupid fan from not exploding and taking out my new radiator. I see however that a non-electrical fan removal is +1. Is it proven that really going to an electric fan is worth any performance advantage? No pulleys will be removed aside from just the actual fan/clutch being removed, the pulley that it attaches to is the water pump and is not removed.

I just wondered if my case was put under (9 for Engine Drivetrain/Modifications or if it is considered a "free mod". Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:32 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Eclipsor00 wrote:
I am looking at doing an non-electric fan removal on 99 M3 for the sole purpose of keeping the car cool, and the stupid fan from not exploding and taking out my new radiator. I see however that a non-electrical fan removal is +1. Is it proven that really going to an electric fan is worth any performance advantage? No pulleys will be removed aside from just the actual fan/clutch being removed, the pulley that it attaches to is the water pump and is not removed.

I just wondered if my case was put under (9 for Engine Drivetrain/Modifications or if it is considered a "free mod". Thank you in advance.

It is +1. Because technically you're removing rotating mass. Betcha if we dyno'd before and after we'd see a difference.

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:09 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

getfast wrote:
Eclipsor00 wrote:

It is +1. Because technically you're removing rotating mass. Betcha if we dyno'd before and after we'd see a difference.

Jon

Ugh......I need to get some konis/bilsteins revalved and some decent spring rates and go back to stock sways to get the points back...or just mount the RA1s, and add horsepower/lose weight and compete in C

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Thanks, looks like ill just have to pull the X-brace on the car to get back 3 points until I replace the suspension.