nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Meet me in PT?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Small audience at this point I am sure but I wanted to start a thread as part of my efforts to grow the PT ranks in the MW (and by proxy the GL) region. Some of you may not know me. My name is Chad Martin and I was your MW Chief of Tech this year. I have built and fielded a PTD RX-7 trimed in Blue and Silver for the past couple years and I volunteered near the end of this season to also wear the hat of MW PT/ST director.

So for starters you can reach me with any questions, concerns, comments regarding those classes at tech@nasamidwest.com, id be happy to answer rules questions as well as give what input i can about strategy on modifications, etc...

Back to the discussion...

So my experience in running a PT car has taught me a few things but one of them is that often PT cars can be trimmed to run in one of two PT levels. For instance, my RX-7 could conceivably (and without much expense) be trimmed out for PTE. In these cases gathering this info from current and potential MW/GL PT competitors and sharing between us might allow us to line up some more in the cases where we show up for events and we are the only ones in the class (basically almost always a certainty currently).

So lets use this thread to share such info. Post up your car info and potential and current PT classes your car could run in. Also feel free to let us know your planned events and updates for plans for 2013. I would love to get a couple PT classes up to 3 per weekend for 2013. I think that would be a huge step forward for the class in this region and i think it's possible if we do a little coordination well before the season!

Post subject: Re: Meet me in PT?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

I'm glad that you started this thread! It so happens that myself and several others have been discussing this and have committed to building PTE cars for next season. The list currently includes myself, Austin Cabot, Aaron Leichty, Jeff Preston, and possibly several others. This is of course in addition to whoever else ran PTE this season that will be back next year.

Looking forward to running PTE next season, and I hope we can get even more competitors to fill the class!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Also, there were some pretty large TTE fields this season. I think it might be worth our while to get an email out to all those competitors and put the idea of PTE in their minds. Perhaps some of them will come out to join us!

Since you asked for which car we'll be in and it's potential classes, I'll be in a miata. Currently looking only to run PTE next year. Possibly there's talk of running PTD in 2014, of course that's a long ways off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Tis' true - Jason and I and a few others are planning on running PTE next year. I'm building up a miata as well and as jason said, would love to advance the car to PTD for 2014.

Can't wait. Rookie season. :lol:

TTC #224

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:14 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

We will be running a few PT cars next year depending on the event.
1) PTF Infiniti G20
2) PTE Mazda Miata (Under prepared SM with restrictor plate removed and SM6s)
3) PTF or PTE Nissan Sentra currently set up as a PTF car with a dyno reclass.

I was mainly running TTE this year (except for Nationals) because of car count. It would be nice to see some larger PT fields and competition.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:58 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

I haven't posted this in the for sale forum yet, but I am going to part out my PTD Miata. It took just the right hit to the front at Mid Ohio last April to tweak the tub. If someone was willing to fix it and continue to race it in GL/MW I'd make them a good deal on it as it sits instead of parting it. Fully sorted with megasquirt ecu with custom tunes... ported/polished head, forged internals, intercooler and s/c and one flat, fat torque curve. JRZ shocks (needs one new one unless you know a welder). Tons of spares. Lots of pics on this forum and elsewhere of this championship caliber car. Let me know if anyone is interested before the saw gets to it in about a week...

...and I may show up in a PTE Miata once or twice next year. Sounds like it might get interesting. Maybe you guys can talk Ron into adding weight to drop down to E as well.

#14 Performance Touring D
Voodie Racing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

I and/or my Mustang may double dip in PTB next season as well as CMC. Likely more GL than MW events.

2012 Great Lakes TTF Champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

vpnwiz wrote:
...and I may show up in a PTE Miata once or twice next year. Sounds like it might get interesting. Maybe you guys can talk Ron into adding weight to drop down to E as well.

I don't know that I could get to E. Besides I need to sell all that lead just to have the money to work on the car.

I had a dream last night. Maybe I need a counseler, a shrink, who knows but... we'll leave it at that.

2010 GL PTD Champion
www.summertimeracing.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:37 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

My teammate (Mark) quit, leaving me with a car that doesn't quite work in "D" or "E". Over the winter I will make a decision and go wherever most of you guys are going. I don't think we can make "E" weight with a twincam... the car is too light to be legally ballasted.

#187 PTE Neon
"We don't need NASA, baby/To make sweet love" - R. Kelly, Blast Off

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:41 am 
Super Postmeister
Super Postmeister

250lbs of direct ballast is the limit, but stuff like cool shirts, passenger seats, interior parts, etc don't count towards that... be creative :)

Or is it a vehicle weight vs rollcage tubing issue?

Ken Brewer - formerly 1994 Toyota MR2 #6 TTF, PTF, E3
2012 C6Z06
2010 RX8 R3

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next