nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:48 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Josh,

No one to my knowledge treated you as a criminal. But the reality is that aside of the few infractions you were penalized for, there were others, when no official action was taken, but enough to plant seeds of mistrust (remember qualifying on slicks and racing on DOT's on the very first race?). The most common complaint from your fellow competitors was your tendency to drive much faster on the second day of the no Dyno at the track race weekends. Whether they're right or not - not for me to decide, especially since we could never enforce the compliance of the HP without Dyno at the track last year. This year we are beginning to utilize Traqmates, and already found few cars illegal, and I am sure will find more.
Regarding the protest at the Glen - no matter who gave you an advice - it was your call (or your crew chief's?) to go ahead with it or not, and you made a call according to your beliefs.

And yes, you personally were never confrontational, but you had someone else to do it for you.

Michael G. (NE GTS Dir.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:56 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

JoshV70 wrote:
MG/MClub wrote:
The protest at Watkins Glen was per recommendation of the Race Director.

That's what you are going with? The race director came up to you and said, "Hey, you lost out on a points finish. That guy in 2nd was missing a few decals. You should protest him"???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:02 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

jcrist wrote:
JoshV70 wrote:
MG/MClub wrote:
The protest at Watkins Glen was per recommendation of the Race Director.

That's what you are going with? The race director came up to you and said, "Hey, you lost out on a points finish. That guy in 2nd was missing a few decals. You should protest him"???

I'm with Jason on this one too.... Really, that's a pretty lame reason !! I mean those missing numbers on the hood were probably good for .5 seconds a lap.......:lol: Hard to beleive a race director would do that unless you were already complaining about it to begin with. I know out GL director wouldn't. I just saw the results from last season in the NE region for GTS, good thing you ran in that region, cause 2 wins in 10 races wouldn't get you close to winning the GL region championship in GTS3 !!

-Scott B.

Last edited by scottbm3 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:11 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Can I get a 1 race exemption to race in gts4??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#17 ST2 vette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:48 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I always thought the GTS standed for grand touring sport. Like in Imsa GT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

In the Northeast I actually re-wrote the rules for points finishes this year so that one needs to participate in 50% of the races in order to even be considered for points. All others are considered "guests" and can't gain points. This should make things a bit less of a tit-for-tat for the guys who are going for points.

-mike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

Paisan wrote:
In the Northeast I actually re-wrote the rules for points finishes this year so that one needs to participate in 50% of the races in order to even be considered for points. All others are considered "guests" and can't gain points. This should make things a bit less of a tit-for-tat for the guys who are going for points.

-mike

Mike,

So if "guests" come in 1,2,3 does the 4th place NE racer that participates in more than 50% of the races get 4th. place points or 1st. place points ? Just wondering ?

-Scott B.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:52 pm 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

scottbm3 wrote:
Paisan wrote:

-mike

Mike,

So if "guests" come in 1,2,3 does the 4th place NE racer that participates in more than 50% of the races get 4th. place points or 1st. place points ? Just wondering ?

-Scott B.

Good question, luckily our next event is in July so I can contemplate it. I have to see which is easier to keep track of. But I think that "fun-run" participants don't count and the points start to be doled out at the first participant. So if that is the route we go with, then the 4th place guy would get 100 points.

-mike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:14 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

How does that work for the first few races of the year? How do you know who is a 50% entrant or not? Release points after 50% of the races are run so you know who is eligible or take points away from early racers if they don't make the required amount of races? Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:24 pm 
Postmeister
Postmeister

wlfpkrcn1 wrote:
How does that work for the first few races of the year? How do you know who is a 50% entrant or not? Release points after 50% of the races are run so you know who is eligible or take points away from early racers if they don't make the required amount of races? Just curious.

Maybe just have a different set of "overall" results for just NASA-NE members. That should be easy since your home region is listed when you register. No need to fuss w/ 50% participation, etc. That or just drive faster and beat the guests.

#121 GTS3/4 BMW M3; For Rent: #122 GTS2 Banana-Rama M3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next