nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:26 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

wstukas wrote:
05CobraR wrote:
congratulations to will stukas. at road atlanta on saturday in a(i believe) 4th gen camarohe set the new AI track record in 2011 trim.
beating in the process a field full of s197 cars including one boss 302 nationals podium finisher.

Thanks Rob. It is a 4th gen. The car has never worked as well as it did this weekend; by far the fastest I've been at Road Atlanta. I attribute most of it to the new rear suspension I was testing this weekend. No more torque arm...

That was a great race and a great battle at the end. I can't wait for next year!

...and how old were you Will when that car came off the assembly line....18 months? :lol: ....great job....you're a heck of a driver!
John

#17 Spec Iron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

wstukas wrote:
05CobraR wrote:
congratulations to will stukas. at road atlanta on saturday in a(i believe) 4th gen camarohe set the new AI track record in 2011 trim.
beating in the process a field full of s197 cars including one boss 302 nationals podium finisher.

Thanks Rob. It is a 4th gen. The car has never worked as well as it did this weekend; by far the fastest I've been at Road Atlanta. I attribute most of it to the new rear suspension I was testing this weekend. No more torque arm...

That was a great race and a great battle at the end. I can't wait for next year!

Will, were you on Hoosiers or Toyo's?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 pm 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

thank god he was on hoosiers. if he went that fast on toyos......

Mustang FR500C #15
http://www.facebook.com/rbicomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

snakebit wrote:
...and how old were you Will when that car came off the assembly line....18 months? :lol: ....great job....you're a heck of a driver!
John

Haha. The car's old...but not that old. Thanks!

b_tone wrote:

Hoosier's. I think Pat was the only one on Toyo's.

American Iron #93
2011, 2012, 2013 NASA-SE AI Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:49 pm 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Well the important thing is this clears the rule changes up no problem... :roll:

Great job Will. I figured my record would drop this wknd and glad to see an fbody do it. Nice running and great season!!!

2012 Boss 302s.#37
"Move out of the way racing smurf is coming thru.."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:56 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

wstukas wrote:
snakebit wrote:
John

Haha. The car's old...but not that old. Thanks!

b_tone wrote:

Hoosier's. I think Pat was the only one on Toyo's.

Awesome job with the drive and the car Will!

All the internet bench racing can stop now :) Great racing with the 2011 ruleset. A bunch of non-abs cars and a podium for Steve's "AIV" fox body notch! With a little work (thanks Pat!), my car even went from DFL at Nationals to qualifying on the front row on BFG's for this race - too bad I had a flat and almost took out the field with a really regretable tankslapper.

Good times. See you next year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:15 pm 
Postmeister
Postmeister

Red Tornado wrote:
Well the important thing is this clears the rule changes up no problem... :roll:

One event does not make for a sufficient data sample.

Congtats Will :D

#12 CMC Midwest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

Quote:
Great job Will. I figured my record would drop this wknd and glad to see an fbody do it. Nice running and great season!!!

I hate to be the spoiler here but IIRC, we are not recognizing track records this year because of the open tire rule so unless someone tells me otherwise, I'm not sure your record has been beat (that was set on Toyos).

Regardless, Will was flying as was all the other top 7 or so guys. I'm sure the nice, cool, crisp air didn't hurt also... :) It will definitely be interesting next year when we all get back on one tire and with the 2012 rule changes in place. Looking forward to it.

Ed :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:01 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

the track record would remain for chris as it was done on toyo's. on the other hand even if you allow 2 seconds a lap for the hoosiers, a 36 in ai at road atlanta is elite. as i recall the conditions for chris's laps were even colder and more ideal. you can project will's lap within a half second or so of that record.

regardless will's performance is noteworthy.

Mustang FR500C #15
http://www.facebook.com/rbicomp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:19 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Thanks Chris, Bruce...and you too Ed. :mrgreen: It was great racing with all of you this season.

Bruce, does Pat host his Vid's anywhere? He has this whole race with lots of exciting moments.

Official lap record or not, I was stoked to be able to run with (and beat) so many fast guys. Turns out that fast lap was my only clean lap, and the only one I led...the last one. We had an awesome turnout of a great bunch of guys (and gal); and I'm sure I don't just speak for myself when I say that was one of the best race weekends of the year. Furthermore, there was no b.s. about abs or tires or the unfair advantage of the s197...just good racing all weekend. The Southeast has been that way all year long and I'm proud to be a part of it. Looking forward to next year and Nationals 2012.

American Iron #93
2011, 2012, 2013 NASA-SE AI Champion

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next