nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:15 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

blown5.0 wrote:
Inspections. Last year we clarified the racer was required to prep car for dyno inspection not officials, now we want to put language in the rules that any inspections ordered the racer must present the car to officials and the racer perform the work, ie weighing a tire/rim for SI. This is coming from other classes were there is a problem as some regularly make excuses why they cant do inspections, ie why hub broke and i cant drive the car to scales etc.

I still don't get what this means. When you say that we are required to prep the car for dyno, what prep is there other than setting the tire pressures? And even if I set it, doesn't an official need to verify that I set it to spec?

Weighing a tire/rim for SI... we have a minimum wheel weight. Does this mean I have to take it off the car? Take the tire off the wheel? Bring it over to the scale and put it on?

If you want to inspect my connecting rod bearings to make sure they are stock, I have to take them out for you?

Not being a smartass (as I usually am!), I really don't understand what this means.

Quote:
rcr-si-051317 race abs mod m-2353-a discontinued, allow 10-14 race modules and gt500 mod

I assume that this means that any 05-10 car can use the M-2353-A, any of the 10-14 race modules, any of the 07-14 GT500 modules, or the stock module the car came with? Does this mean that no ABS with a weight break is no longer an option?

AI #61
SI #75, which is sometimes SI #61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:24 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

nape wrote:
PS- Don't forget to ask for 19" wheels and a swap to Hoosiers, so your 15" brakes fit easier. :wink:

After the sky-is-falling reaction I got when I proposed 18" wheels so that you could fit the already-legal 14" brakes on a S197 and still fit within the track width limits... I'm glad I wasn't behind this one!

AI #61
SI #75, which is sometimes SI #61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 pm 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

What this means is if an official calls you to an inspection you must present the car for said inspection, if you dont or choose not to you may be DQ'd. Also officlals do not work on cars, any work required to prove legality is done by the racer not and official. Basically in other classes there have been circumstances were racers simply dont show for inspections and we wish to make it clear in the rules no show = dq.

As for Si ABS, we are planning to allowing all 05-14 oem master, hyd unit, modules, plus gt500 hyd and modules along with discontinued race modules so people have options and the tech bulletin to allow no abs will be retracted.

#70 Nasa AIX/AI/SI National Director
'High Performance Mustangs'
www.streetmotorsportsracing.org

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:09 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

blown5.0 wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, RCRs for the 2018 rulebook have come to a close, here is a list of what was submitted.

spec iron
rcr-si-051717 dyno hood open
rcr-si-092517 racer required to present car ready for inspections

For rcr-si-051717 dyno hood open, SI i think we should still have a the hood closed since the 10s with the stock box has a tub to pull cold air from the outside and we are not allowed to added any tube to the CAI to pull in cold air to the 05-09 cars

rcr-si-092517 racer required to present car ready for inspections, like everybody else saying what dose this mean.

#123 07 Mustang GT (SI)
2006 Damon Outlaw Toy Hauler
20FT open trailer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:21 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

.....double post

Last edited by t500hps on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

.....double post

Last edited by t500hps on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Jeff F wrote:
blown5.0 wrote:
Inspections. Last year we clarified the racer was required to prep car for dyno inspection not officials, now we want to put language in the rules that any inspections ordered the racer must present the car to officials and the racer perform the work, ie weighing a tire/rim for SI. This is coming from other classes were there is a problem as some regularly make excuses why they cant do inspections, ie why hub broke and i cant drive the car to scales etc.

I still don't get what this means. When you say that we are required to prep the car for dyno, what prep is there other than setting the tire pressures? And even if I set it, doesn't an official need to verify that I set it to spec?

Weighing a tire/rim for SI... we have a minimum wheel weight. Does this mean I have to take it off the car? Take the tire off the wheel? Bring it over to the scale and put it on?

If you want to inspect my connecting rod bearings to make sure they are stock, I have to take them out for you?

Not being a smartass (as I usually am!), I really don't understand what this means.

Quote:
rcr-si-051317 race abs mod m-2353-a discontinued, allow 10-14 race modules and gt500 mod

I assume that this means that any 05-10 car can use the M-2353-A, any of the 10-14 race modules, any of the 07-14 GT500 modules, or the stock module the car came with? Does this mean that no ABS with a weight break is no longer an option?

Fairly confident they simply mean YOU are doing any work on the car to comply with the inspection vs the official doing the work. IE: Last years nationals CMC had to weigh wheels and tires. We were required to remove the wheels (with tire) and submit them to be weighed. (the official wasn't going to remove the wheels for us)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:12 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

Jeff,I hope the abs rule goes back to the way it was so it can be spec again.The problem with this rule with our class v/s AI is that we are already at max hp were AI normally detunes for the max or can add weight.And we run very little if any ballast and we cant gut anymore.So if I decide to remove the abs I can't make anymore power and I can only shed 40 lbs of ballast.

SE Spec Iron #20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:37 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

Yes as stated above the plan is to retract the non abs tech bulletin and go back to all having abs with the parts you listed.

#70 Nasa AIX/AI/SI National Director
'High Performance Mustangs'
www.streetmotorsportsracing.org

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:33 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Al, If its possible I would like to speak with you on the phone about the hood open rule. I can disprove any theory with factual data about the temperatures our ( Coyote motors to be specific) cars see riding around the race track at speed compared to what would be seen on the dyno with the hood up (ambient). I would have to sit here for hours writing out all this stuff out and would rather just have a conversation about it. My director Wes has all my contact info, Thanks!