nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:09 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Been running USCA for a number of year and transitioning to NASA and AI, trying to decide whether to run AI or AIX, since Im not very familiar have a few questions, have reads the rules a bunch of times, but still unsure

the car I'm currently building will fit well in AI, however not sure that I can detune the two engines I currently have enough to fit within the power to weight ratio rule...one will easily make 420 whps and the other over 500

what power level are the typical AIX cars running, whps, etc

what should I expect between AI and AIX

the car is a vintage 1965 Dart, coil over suspension with a modern Hemi, Tremec TR6060 transmission and a solid Ford DB cambered road racing rear axle....

thank you
Luke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:33 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

my current ride

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:18 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Go to events in the area you plan to compete. See how many cars are in class and if you hit it off with the group. I personally have the most fun with a group of easy going people and right racing that you can sit around and tell tall tales after.

In general though, AIX tends to have less competitors and a bigger spread of speeds.

Cost to run a solid AI car should be cheaper as well. Good luck and if you’re in the eastern side of the Midwest, hit us up!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:14 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

attended an HPDE event at VIR earlier in the year which is what got me interested in AI + I have a car mothballed that will fit that group well, only issue that i can see is detuning the engine to meet the power rule....
Luke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:39 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

I run CMC and know most of the AI guys that run at VIR. In Mid-Atlantic AI might field 3 cars.....or upwards of 7-8 on occasion. AIX I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 (but I'm not keeping count). The other difference is AI cars are often close battling W2W while the AIX cars can be a 1/4 mile apart 2 laps into the race. I would certainly de-tune/lower compression/something to run with a group. AS for the paddock, you can certainly still hang with them but you won't have much to talk about! :)