nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:10 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I recently acquired a new track car and I am looking for a shop to go through it and get it prepped for track duty. The car is a ProChallenge race car, (www.prochallenge.net), and it is essentially a 2/3 scale NASCAR with tubular chassis, fully adjustable suspension, Kawasaki 1100cc motorcycle engine, and a sequential shifter.

The car is an ex-circle track car so the suspension is tuned for left hand turning. I'd like to find a reputable place that can get the suspension dialed-in and also, if possible, run through the engine/tranny/etc to ensure everything is working properly.

I would assume a shop familiar with Legacy cars, midgets, and/or Thunder Roadsters would know how to set this car up but I don't know of any local places. Any recommendations as close to the Bay Area as possible are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:58 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Where are you located and how quickly are you trying to get the car ready??? If you're in the South Bay, then Blacktrax Performance in Milpitas should be able to handle everything depending on how fast you need the car done - they work on a lot of import plus race/track/drift cars. As far as the East Bay is concerned, I've heard good things about Roger Kraus Racing which should be able to handle your suspension, but not sure if they would go thru the drivetrain. You might also want to post on whatever websites (Nasa, Facebook, or ??) the Legacy cars, midgets, and/or Thunder Roadsters use to see if they have any suggestions on shops plus alignment settings.

You might also want to check out some of the race shops that do race car tech inspections in Norcal - they're listed at http://nasanorcal.com/racecar-tech-inspection-shops/ and Edge Motorworks, TC Design, Valley Motorwerks , Evil Genius Racing, Life’s Good Racing all might be good choices. - Jim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:50 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

I'm in the Castro valley area right up the street from Roger Kraus. I intend to call them tomorrow morning to see if they can work on this car. What makes it different is the motor/transmission setup. I know many race shops can tune my suspension but I'd prefer to go to one place who can work on the suspension and motorcycle drivetrain.

Thanks for the info!