nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:04 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I belong to Kaiser Vacaville and I attempted to get my physical for next year's racing license. The doctor refuses to complete the NASA form for me. I went to member services and they also refused stating that they do not complete forms for licensing. Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so how did they get it fixed.

Does anyone know of a private company that does physicals for racing licenses?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:06 am 
Postmeister
Postmeister

jnybbad wrote:
I belong to Kaiser Vacaville and I attempted to get my physical for next year's racing license. The doctor refuses to complete the NASA form for me. I went to member services and they also refused stating that they do not complete forms for licensing. Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so how did they get it fixed.

Does anyone know of a private company that does physicals for racing licenses?

I went to a Blue Cross Blue Shield facility and a General Practitioner. We basically brainstormed all of the things the form requested be performed and performed them all. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:54 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

When I needed to get my physical done in April 2014, my physician at Kaiser in Mt View, CA filled out the form, and I got the EKG etc. done also at Kaiser. I'm due for another physical in April of this year, so hopefully, they will fill it out. The one thing in the application that I wonder if the physicians may have issue with, is where they have to sign right next to 'Applicant is fit for motor racing', and I'm wondering if they're worried about assuming liability if the driver then has some sort of medical emergency while on track, and that the physician might get sued. - Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 am 
Super Postmeister
Super Postmeister

In the past I've used places that advertised "sports physicals for $50" doc-in-a-box sorta places to get these forms knocked out and taken care of. Not sure if those may exist in your region or not, but worth a try.

Ken Brewer - formerly 1994 Toyota MR2 #6 TTF, PTF, E3
2012 C6Z06
2010 RX8 R3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Calif_Kid wrote:
When I needed to get my physical done in April 2014, my physician at Kaiser in Mt View, CA filled out the form, and I got the EKG etc. done also at Kaiser. I'm due for another physical in April of this year, so hopefully, they will fill it out. The one thing in the application that I wonder if the physicians may have issue with, is where they have to sign right next to 'Applicant is fit for motor racing', and I'm wondering if they're worried about assuming liability if the driver then has some sort of medical emergency while on track, and that the physician might get sued. - Jim

I went back to the same Kaiser doctor in Mt View a few days ago, and the exam for my racing license renewal went just fine. I also asked at the form intake department at Kaiser that I had to hand the form to, and they said that they see quite a few similar forms. It is strange that the Kaiser location is Vacaville is giving you such a hard time, but maybe another location and doctor would do it. - Jim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:28 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Well after they refused time and again to do this physical for me, I just scheduled an appointment with my doctor and sprung it on him. He had no problem filling it out, just the Kaiser admin I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I didn't see this earlier.

I had the same issue last September with Kaiser.

This time I went with Dr Tammy Foster in SF. She's great.

http://racephysical.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:06 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

After my regular Kaiser doc told me an exam for licensing is not an included benefit (maybe he said it was excluded), I went to the Kaiser Occupational Health Dept in Martinez. They haven't had any problem with it in two exam cycles.

186,000 Miles per Second: It's the Law!