nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

I don't see a NASA tech shop near me on the shops list. I live in Oakley, near Antioch. Anyone know of one in my area, or a shop that'll do it for cheap?
I hate to pay someone an hour labor for a 10 min inspection. But I don't have time during the work week to to drive an hour each way to a participating NASA shop. I could just wait and drive the hour to Sonoma and do it there, but I'd like time to fix any surprises.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:40 pm 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

When I was taking my car in for HPDE tech inspections, the shops did not charge me anything. I always had the shops do my HPDE tech inspections instead of waiting and doing it at the track. The inspections at the shops were pretty short though - say 10' - so they're not putting the car up on a rack and don't expect them to take an hour for the inspection. Best to call ahead, and discuss it with the shop and make an appointment. The shops should have the tech form, but ask them to make sure they do.

As far as HPDE locations in Norcal are concerned, http://nasanorcal.com/index.php?/site/section_hpde_tech
has some shops in Dublin and Walnut Creek.

There is also a list of shops that does race tech inspections at http://nasanorcal.com/index.php?/site/section_info_tech and it includes a shop in Oakley, plus some in San Pablo, Lafayette, and Dublin, so maybe give the shop in Oakley a call and see if they will take care of the HPDE tech inspection.

I'm in Sunnyvale, so have only been to shops near me, but I also have been to IO Port Racing in Lafayette when I bought a helmet, but they are a little hard to find as they're located in a residential area. - Jim

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:22 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Thanks. I used to go to the shop in Modesto for my HPDE tech when I lived there. Now I'm in Oakley, and only 45 min from the track. I saw the guy who's listed as Oakley in the tech list, but his webpage says Martinez. Still kinda far, I'd rather pay a local shop $20-$40 or just tech the morning of at the track.