nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:50 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Can anyone explain why there is no Time Trials at the June event? I look forward to the June event each year at Sonoma, but with this year not having Time Trials, I will likely not attend. I know most of the other Time Trialers feel the same way. The next event will be in August at Thunderhill as the July event shared with SoCal at Laguna does not have many spaces. Any chance a TT group will be added for June?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

The last couple of years there is one weekend where TT doesn't run. Last year it was the second event at Infineon last March. They probably try rotate the "off" weekend in the schedule.

-------
John
TT3 Z06

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:15 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

We do try to rotate the off weekend. and with Laguna just 2 weeks after the June event this was the one. There may be Some slots left in TT in July. E-mail Ryan and ask to be put on the wait list.

Lead Instructor NASA Car Control

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:27 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Scott,

I see the October event on the schedule has HPDE 4 and TT together. Is it possible for TT to have its own slot as HPDE 1,2,3 are not running which should open up the schedule for that weekend. That is how it was the last few years.

Thanks

Scott_Smith wrote:
We do try to rotate the off weekend. and with Laguna just 2 weeks after the June event this was the one. There may be Some slots left in TT in July. E-mail Ryan and ask to be put on the wait list.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:06 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Thanks for the info Scott and John. That makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

jrlz0306 wrote:
Scott,

I see the October event on the schedule has HPDE 4 and TT together. Is it possible for TT to have its own slot as HPDE 1,2,3 are not running which should open up the schedule for that weekend. That is how it was the last few years.

Thanks

That is the Porsche weekend. So the slots that 1,2,3 would be in are filled with Porsche and Pirelli Cup racing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:30 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Scott_Smith wrote:
jrlz0306 wrote:
Scott,

Thanks

That is the Porsche weekend. So the slots that 1,2,3 would be in are filled with Porsche and Pirelli Cup racing.

I realize that, the point is that 4 and TT were separate the last 2 years at this same event, why not this year?
4 and TT together on a tight track like Sonoma makes it awfully hard for the fast cars at the front to get more than one clean lap, some times we don't even get one lap. That's what TT is, getting a clean fast lap. Also, putting 60-70 cars on track at once compromises safety.
Not trying to criticize, just some feedback from a paying customer who loves NASA and TT and has been running TT for 5 years.

Thanks
John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

as the number of race cars increase we need to split up their groups. AND an added group of Pirelli Cup this year. We have limited the combined hpde4/TT car count so that clean laps can be had by everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:51 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Scott_Smith wrote:
as the number of race cars increase we need to split up their groups. AND an added group of Pirelli Cup this year. We have limited the combined hpde4/TT car count so that clean laps can be had by everyone.

Thanks Scott for clarifying.

John