nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Hi guys,

I'm registered for HPDE for the Sonoma weekend in March, but this is my first time with Nasa.

I understand I need to get a tech inspection on my car. My car is non road legal and stored at Sonoma Raceway, will I be able to get the inspection done at the track in the morning? If so, what time would I need to be at the track to have this done?

I also registered for HPDE 3 given I have a good range of track experience. Who should I chat with to make sure i'm in the best group?

Thanks 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:32 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

HPDE drivers meetings are generally early. 7:00 or 7:30am. That's plenty of time to get tech'd. NorCal recently went to a self tech sheet but I'm not sure if that applies to you in a non-street-legal car or not (sorry, been awhile since I was in HPDE).

HPDE 3 is a good class if you're familiar with open passing. HPDE3 is usually controlled passing for the first few Saturday sessions followed by increasingly open passing on later Saturday sessions and open passing on Sunday if the group can handle it.

In my experience, HPDE 3/4 in NorCal is a very well managed experience with a fairly competent group of participants and an excellent group of instructors.

If this is your first experience at Sonoma, I encourage you to be conservative, especially early in the day when the track can be cold and very slippery, especially in turn 2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Thanks for the response, sounds good!

I've driven Sonoma in various configurations a lot, so know the track well. Definitely aware of the slippy nature of the track at the start of the day or with rain, but appreciate the heads up!

Looking forward to seeing some of you there 8)