Registration is now open for April 22-23 at Arizona Motorsports Park.https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2547Key items to note:
1. Sound testing will be required the morning of the event. If you don't pass you will receive a promo code for your registration fees to use toward a 2017 NASA AZ event (less a $20 processing fee).
2. You may purchase 1 or 2 add'l guest/crew passes for $20/each. There will be a limited number of passes available and must be purchased at the time of registration. (No guests will be allowed onsite without a pass since there is a 200 max person limit on the site). The crew pass includes the passenger ride along wristband. Please note their name in the comments section of the registration page.
3. If your crew/guest has a current NASA membership they do not need to purchase a crew/guest pass. Please note their name in the comments section of the registration so they can be added to the gate list.
4. If you are part of a team the second driver will need to purchase the crew pass. How do I pre-check my cars sound levels before showing up?
We get this question all of the time and here is what we have learned:
* Most cars with moderate power levels (<300HP) will pass the sound requirements if left stock
* Some cars with high output motors or V8's may not pass sound even if completely stock (Ex: Corvette Z06, Ferrari, etc.)
* If your vehicle's sound levels are questionable, they should be tested prior to showing up onsite so save administrative time for everyone. Decibel meter applications for smart phones are relatively accurate (within 2 dB) when compared to AMP's high end sound testing equipment. [COLOR="Red"]To pass sound at AMP, you need to be @ 96dB or less[/COLOR] when full throttle (under load, not just revving in neutral) and near redline when measured from 50' away from the track surface.[COLOR="red"]NOTE: The previous limit was @ 94dB or less so cars that may have previously failed may now pass![/COLOR]Track
Arizona Motorsports Parkhttp://arizonamotorsportspark.com/
15402 W Camelback Rd
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340 Run Groups
• NASA Time Trial - NOTE: This is a points event for all classes.
• NASA Race Groups - NOTE: This is a points event for all classes
• UMS Tuning Time Attack Series - This is a points event!PRE-Event and Early Paddock Setup
The track will be closed and early setup and trailer drop offs will not be available on Friday. Gates will open at 6:30AM on Sat & Sun. There will be overnight security on Saturday so items may be left overnight but all people must be offsite immediately after the last session each day.Gate Details
Due to the restricted number of people allowed onsite, we will need to use a guest/gate list. You will need to provide your name so it can be checked off the list. If you are a 2nd/team driver or have a guest or "crew" they will need to provide the name that their crew credential was purchased under to cross reference. Officials or Instructors not already on the gate list may use their NASA Badge to gain access to the site.Rules
• All participants should be aware of the NASA Club Codes & Regulations found here (http://nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf
• All participants should also be aware of the NASA Arizona region specific Supplemental Rules found here (https://nasaaz.com/nasa-arizona-supplemental-rules/
)“What time do I need to show up?”
This is the #1 question we are asked, especially by the folks new to NASA. See the event schedule (below or attached) for exact times but we always recommend at least 1 hour prior to the drivers meeting to allow enough time to find a spot, check in with Driver Info (if you’re HPDE1) and get your car through tech and any other last min items before the drivers meeting. HPDE Tech Inspection
· See detailed schedule for times and paddock maps for location
· All HPDE cars require a tech inspection prior to being allowed on track (1 tech inspection is good for both days)
· HPDE drivers need to print out and complete the "HPDE Tech" form @ http://www.nasaproracing.com/formsDriver Information
• Will be located near the NASA AZ trailers (see paddock map) & open by no later than 6:30AM each day
• HPDE1 will need to “check in” with registration. All other groups will receive their wristbands from their respective Group Leader directly after the Drivers Meeting
• Onsite registration available (with a late fee) for all groups*except for HPDE1 <-- sold outLoaner Helmets
Don't have your own helmet? No problem, we have you covered! Free loaner helmets are available at Driver Info. Simply leave us your drivers license with us and get it back when you return the helmet back to us.Drivers Meetings / Downloads
The drivers meeting per the schedule on Sat & Sun is mandatory for ALL drivers, instructors, officials, or anyone that will participate any way shape or form during the weekend. All other meetings times and locations will be announced by your respective Group Leader directly after the drivers meeting.
NOTE: All drivers (with the exception of Race Group) must attend the Sunday morning drivers meeting as well. Passengers
Looking to take a passenger along for a ride on track? No problem but there's a few more steps required:
1. Passengers need to be 18 (with photo ID proof of age)
2. Passengers are only allowed in HPDE3, HPDE4 or Time Trial
3. Passengers are required to sign the "Passenger Waiver" (in addition to the general "Gate Waiver") and pay the $10 feeTransponder Rentals
· Need to be checked out at registration
· Need to be returned to registration within 30 mins of your final session to avoid a $25 late fee
NOTE: TA rental is only good for the "Time Attack". If you need a transponder for "Time Trial" then you need to*rent*transponder for that and then select the "no transponder option for Time Attack"Timing and Scoring
Results will be posted on the sign easels at Driver Info. Please report errors to "Driver Info" ASAP so they can get properly corrected. Please ensure your member profile has the correct transponder configured (if you own your own). Here is a "how 2" --> http://forums.nasaaz.com/showthread.php?t=6996
• Live & historical results https://racehero.io/events
• Provisional & Official Results http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Arizona_Region/Race & TT Classing
All competitors classing sheets will be publicly posted here http://www.nasaaz.com/category/competition-classing/
(classing sheets & dynos near the bottom of each respective page). If your classing sheet is not listed please email it to Jeff Abrams firstname.lastname@example.org
so he can update prior to arriving onsite.
* The most current rules can always be found here --> https://www.nasaproracing.com/rulesWater
NASA AZ provides complementary water to staff but is also available for participants & guests using the self serve cash box @ 2 for $1.Food
Lulu has confirmed she will be onsite in her awesome "taco truck".Graphics / Car Numbers
Tom from Twisted Priorities will be onsite and can create custom graphics and decals. Fuel
There is no onsite fuel. Please plan accordingly.Safety Equipment: WDL
Safety Solutions will be onsite to provide our registrants with access to high quality driver safety products as well as accessories for your racecar! Helmets, gloves and shoes are available for fitting. HANS devices available for HPDE Rental (with CC on file). Please email any specific requests ahead of time via email@example.com
and follow us on Instragram (https://www.instagram.com/wedontlift/
) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/weddontlift
)! Please stop by and say hi to them at their trailer next to registration!Tire Service
NASA Arizona will have tire service available
$5 – dismount
$10 – mount
$10 – balance
$5 – tire disposalEvent Schedule
Draft schedule - TBD