nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:04 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

surlynkid wrote:
Wow - #41 SM actually got 1 point for the punt from #44 SM. Anybody watch the video from the #33 car? It's on youtube. It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond a punt and #41 had ZERO fault or ability to not be punted.

CCR says hitee gets a point too. (27.12 Driver’s Points System, page 79). I guess they figure if you get hit a bunch, you may be part of the problem.

05 GTS2 99 M3 MASA MA
05 PTE - Honda Accord LX - SOLD
SFT(Spec Flat Tow) Ford SD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:47 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Ev wrote:
surlynkid wrote:
Wow - #41 SM actually got 1 point for the punt from #44 SM. Anybody watch the video from the #33 car? It's on youtube. It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond a punt and #41 had ZERO fault or ability to not be punted.

CCR says hitee gets a point too. (27.12 Driver’s Points System, page 79). I guess they figure if you get hit a bunch, you may be part of the problem.

I know what the CCR says, but when somebody comes into the corner as though they never hit the brake pedal, I have a hard time with giving out that point. I wish the go-kart kids would start in GTS2 or something instead of SM. I'm not sure they could survive a true no-contact class.

#920 TT2 GT3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:29 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

surlynkid wrote:

It's not an anomaly. I had a guy lock up at the end of the front straight at CMP and drill me in my door tires straight and a smoking when I turned in 10+ feet out from the apex to give him room and I got the same point the guy who drilled me in the door got.

The other driver admitted it was his fault, he outdrove his brakes and tagged me, but I got the same point he did.

I think it is a great idea you do a naughty list. I wish all regions did it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:33 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

surlynkid wrote:

Since #41 (Hamptom) received +1 for being in the wrong place, then #33 (Bachoura) should get -1 point for not being hit :D
https://youtu.be/zky6uo3lkL0

99 SM#40
Dallas

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:31 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

So I got punted and taken out for the weekend, and it didn't count because it was a warmup session or what?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:46 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Did you fill out paperwork on the incident?

#920 TT2 GT3

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:20 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

surlynkid wrote:
Did you fill out paperwork on the incident?

Yes

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:48 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

So my question still stands.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:07 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

This is a ridiculous thread prompted by a ridiculous rule. "Naughty" tagging aside, the concept that racing will be contact free or accept a penalty whatever the reason, turns every track session into even more of a lottery than even amateur racing deserves. If one follows the logic of this process. those that do not get hit should also get a point for a clean completion irrespective of their position. So "millennial" - everyone gets a trophy just for participating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:05 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Quote:
This is a ridiculous thread prompted by a ridiculous rule.

Care to explain? The CCR stipulates that offending drivers get points for various offenses. This is done in all NASA regions. This (Texas) region has simply worked to make this transparent for all to see. Personally, I think it is a good thing as it allows drivers to know who may potentially be more of a 'problem child' in the region.

Quote:
...the concept that racing will be contact free or accept a penalty whatever the reason, turns every track session into even more of a lottery than even amateur racing deserves. If one follows the logic of this process.

Of course there might be contact in racing. The point (lol) of the CCR 27.12 is that driver offenses get points and with enough points a driver cannot race. That, in my opinion, is exactly how it should be. I know I don't want to be on track with a person who cannot follow the rules the rest of us are following. If Driver X does not screw up, then Driver X does not get points. How is this a lottery?

Quote:
those that do not get hit should also get a point for a clean completion irrespective of their position. So "millennial" - everyone gets a trophy just for participating!

I don't think you really understand the rules and/or the point of this thread. Why would a person get a point for clean competition?

Happy to discuss further, but I think if you take the time to read the CCR and the purpose of this thread it will hopefully be clear that the point is to keep the folks who should not be on track, not on track!

Costas
cars and such...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next