nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Funny you mention that. I followed the drama surrounding GTS rule changes over the last couple of months and worried about exactly the situation you are describing. I intend to prep for both GTS3/ST3 and run GTS if the car counts are there, but ST3 if not.

Any input on the subject of getting a reserved car number assigned? Admittedly a noob question, but I'd hate to show up and have to waste time and energy removing permanent decals on a race weekend when I could plan ahead and get it right.

Thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:20 pm 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Sorry, I was a noob last year so no clue on the numbers. If you find out let me know! I never seemed to have an issue last year. Can always just add a strip of tape with a 1 at the front or end of your stickered number and ur good to go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:45 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

NEW FOR 2016:

http://www.nasaracing.net/permanent-car-numbers/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:31 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

I posted this on another thread in this forum from a person who had questions, and I thought my explanation would be helpful here too.

The fee will be yearly and is permanent for that race or TT season. A driver would need to register again for the following year.
The number is good for the entire Race Group (Thunder or Lightning) or TT. The amount of administrative time in working with car numbers and emails from drivers wanting a certain number (but didn't register early enough, etc) can be overwhelming, particularly during the last week prior to an event when time is already very limited due to preparations for the event. We believe this will cut down significantly on that time, confusion and frustration from drivers who want a certain number.
And keep in mind it is not mandatory to participate, and there may be times when you would get your number because another driver did not show up or you registered first before another driver who also did not pay to reserve his number. Or you can choose a three digit number that is very unlikely to be chosen. But, if a driver is attached to and wants a permanent number, he can register for it and not worry. If he doesn't mind rolling the dice and potentially having to change the number with racer tape, he doesn't have to register. But keep in mind that if you run 6 events it is less than $9 per weekend. Thanks and hope this clears things up a bit.

Please contact me by e-mail and no PM's. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:40 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

I saw that the registration page for car numbers is for 2017 and says that registration is closed. Is there a new page up yet that I'm just not finding?

PTF #225 Silver E36 2-door

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 am 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

Linked near top of page http://www.nasaracing.net/schedule/ and https://www.nasaproracing.com/events under Mid Atlantic Region

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Well, if it had been a snake... :roll: :lol:

Thanks, Jon.

PTF #225 Silver E36 2-door

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31