nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:25 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I am a very low rider that cant run at Sebring, great track just does to much damage to my car.
There are no Homestead events scheduled, can i ask why?? or even a Palm Beach event in forever

Just a guy who loves running with the TT group down here south of Sebring

Just a guy with a question
Benny Blanco from the Bronx

Last edited by BennyBad on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:02 pm 
Postmeister General
Postmeister General

BennyBad wrote:
I am a very low rider that cant run at Sebring, great track just does to much damage to my car.
There are no Homestead events scheduled, can i ask why?? or even a Palm Beach event in forever

Just a guy who loves running with the TT group down here south of Sebring

Just a guy with a question
Benny Blanco from the Bronx

We don't go to PBIR anymore because the membership never supported those events, and the unfortunate financial reality is that losing money on events can only go on for so long. As for Homestead, we (probably) aren't going there this year because they haven't (yet) had any good weekends to offer us. Everything available had major conflicts and that's another risk we can't afford to take because many Homestead events over the years lost money too. If anyone knows of any groups that might want to split a weekend there, I'm all ears... preferrably vintage or a marque club or karting or similar, not a group offering something similar to what we provide, although I'll certainly consider any opportunities at this point because of course we do want to continue to hold events there.

People vote with their entries and over time those votes have been primarily for Sebring events, especially in the spring and fall (interestingly our winter events at any track have never done well despite great weather, which is why we don't do those anymore either.) But this is pretty simple really: all of our weekends need to, at a minimum, pay for themselves and pay their share of the many yearly expenses... but generally we have no problems that more entries across the board won't fix. So please help us grow, and then we'll book every date we can possibly get. :wink:

You can always come play with us at Road Atlanta and Daytona later this year! Thanks for asking,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

thanks Jon
Gonna have to get a taller car
Benny