nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:06 am 
Super Postmeister
Super Postmeister

00mugenS2k wrote:
Kind of a un even split between TT4, TTC, and TTD. Big jump from 12:1 in TT4 to 14.5:1 in TTC, but hardly any jump from TTC 14.5:1 to TTD of 15:1.

Sounds like 13.5:1 for TTC would be more even

TT4 12:1
TTC 13.5:1
TTD 15:1
TTE 17:1

you still have points limits in the letter classes, whereas you don't have those in the number classes

two cars at any ratio, one limited by points AND the ratio, the other one limited solely by the ratio math - one will be quite a bit faster at all tracks... until you start adding enough factors that they start acting in a very similar manner to the points system. That seems to be where things are headed?

gkmccready wrote:
For those worried about ST4/5/6 driving up costs, I am curious if anybody is seeing unobtanium GTS1 or GTS2 builds in their region? (ie. Are we solving a non-problem?)

1.) those cars do exist
2.) you should write the rules to contain those builds NOW so that you don't have to do take-backs later

Think of what someone like Emilio Cervantes would build for ST5-6 and think if that's the standard you want to everyone else to be chasing or not.

Ken Brewer - formerly 1994 Toyota MR2 #6 TTF, PTF, E3
2012 C6Z06
2010 RX8 R3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:36 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

So we are moving all the w2p down? TTB was 10.5:1 and FWD was a mod factor of 1. Now it is 12:1 and .6...yeesh. I was setting my car up to be a competitive B car but now it seems I will be a tweener car again. Not Mid TT3 and too much for TT4. Well hopefully I can get there with ballast.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:52 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Greg G. wrote:
9) Aero modifications will be limited to a rear wing/spoiler, front air dam/splitter, and those modifications currently listed as okay under the OEM Aero rule in ST3.

Does this mean absolutely no diffusers, canards, etc. or would they just have a separate mod factor? I know there were a few GTS2 guys in my region that were thinking about jumping ship to ST4 and most of them make use of these additional aero pieces.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:10 am 
Forum Racer
Forum Racer

BlackCivic343 wrote:
So we are moving all the w2p down? TTB was 10.5:1 and FWD was a mod factor of 1. Now it is 12:1 and .6...yeesh. I was setting my car up to be a competitive B car but now it seems I will be a tweener car again. Not Mid TT3 and too much for TT4. Well hopefully I can get there with ballast.

Same boat. I'm just going to put smaller cams in and drop the rev limiter a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:44 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Spent a year of time optimizing a car for a class and now we decide to shake it up, this is SUCH a good way to save people money...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:53 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Greg G. wrote:
...but start to apply some reasonable limitations that the drivers (and their budgets) are accustomed to in PTB/PTC.

damn - guess I've been doing it all wrong all these years!

Ricky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:30 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

So with adding another power/weight class does this mean all nasa regions will begin having mobile dyno's at events for compliance checking? With points system it was easy enough to visually inspect. What is going to be done against "perceived" cheating?

NASA MA GTS2 #17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Any details on the reasoning for eliminating the non oem aero rule for XX3? If anything I would think it should be increased from 0.4 to 0.7 or so to make it a completely even choice. Even at 0.4, aero is the clear winner, by eliminating the mod factor altogether you basically need aero to compete at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:42 am 
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

focusedintntions wrote:
So with adding another power/weight class does this mean all nasa regions will begin having mobile dyno's at events for compliance checking? With points system it was easy enough to visually inspect. What is going to be done against "perceived" cheating?

Points cars are still subject to a pw/wt cap and the dyno.

GL Region #707 PTE/TTE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 am 
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

To everyone complaining about the dynos, if you were a points car, and didn't have a dyno, you were likely not competitive anyways.

Points cars are still subject to an adjusted power to weight limit, subject to dyno protests, subject to doing dyno runs in impound etc etc.

Pretty much nothing is changing except if you were a points car that was so far away from the adjusted power to weight limit that you never bothered to dyno the car.

Personally I like it. If I have to do it and be subject to things like that, everyone else should too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next