nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:44 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

flier129 wrote:
Do you have a drop dead date in mind?

For those who have been holding off on making changes to their cars (me for example), if the rules come out after say August of this year, I'd say it will be tough to really get things taken care of by spring 2018. Heck, I would like to have known last August for the 2018 season. Depending on how it works out, some things are harder to plan for such as budgets...

+1 !!!!

I'm trying to figure out what I'll need to do to my car to be competitive in TT6(or TT5) for next year and then see what's left in the budget for entry fees and such. If the rules of 5 and 6 are very similar to 4..such as adding in some tire size modifiers, weight modifiers, and oem aero vs aero breaks, then I could convert my car from E to 6 fairly easily.....assuming 6 will be somewhere around 16-17:1 weight to avg rwhp ratio.

So the sooner I know the rule set, the better I can prepare and ultimately save $$ in the long-run.[/quote]

In for a guess on this as well. FYI- Looking forward to the switch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:26 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Another +1 on having the rules out preferably sooner than later. Just lost my PTE motor at our last event and not having rules makes it hard to plan my next build.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:52 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Another +1 for getting these rules out as soon as y'all can. I've got an NC mx5 I'm trying to setup for tt5 and I'm scared to do anything with aero until the rules are released.

I like the ST4 rules. Just copying those rules with less power would be awesome for tt5/st5 and tt6/st6.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:33 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

+2 as we have a March race on our calendar :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Since I am in for responses, I would just like to throw in that I am a fan of no aero, or a good size penalty for it that would make aero mods not worth it. Imo, it makes doing TT less attractive if you need a racecar, versus a a street car. If you have full on race car builds in the lower levels, it may be discouraging to people thinking of moving up. It would also be nice to have a place to go that does not require tons of mods to be competitive. That said, if it soes not work out that way, I won't be salty, I guess I will just be adding aero.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:38 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

I posted on the wrong thread for my question. Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:20 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Matt@NCM wrote:

heh...AZ has january events...so not much planning time. Ive sat out this season so far to prep for next season/rules change.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

jrocAZ wrote:
Matt@NCM wrote:

heh...AZ has january events...so not much planning time. Ive sat out this season so far to prep for next season/rules change.

TX region has a January events as well. Winter... What's that?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 am 
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

jrocAZ wrote:

.... and how does one prep for rules that don't exist?..

Realizing this, I would say June 1 is too late depending on the changes. My prediction is a bunch of people saying "F" this, and taking next year off too, or changing hobbies to something cheap like fishing...

Tick tock, tick tock.....

05 PTE - Honda Accord LX
SFT(Spec Flat Tow) Ford SD

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:21 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

The final ST4 rules didn't come out until around the October/November timeframe in 2016 for the 2017 season. I would wager you are looking at about the same timeframe for the upcoming ST classes.

Honda S2000 #324
2016 TTB Central Region Champion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next