nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:24 am
Posts: 799
Location: 2011 HPD Honda Challenge H1 National Champ, 2010 H2 National Champ: HC's ONLY 2-class Nat'l Champ
realride wrote:
AGAIN this rules is for SO.CAL only. being from AZ you will not be illegal, unless you want to run for championship points in So.cal

We would love to have the AZ or N.cal come and join us, and you will have no HP limit.



So if an AZ or nor cal racer wins both H2 races and get dyno'd, and dynos OVER the HP limit. Then he or she does NOT get DQ'd because it is NOT their home region and not racing for so cal points? In addition, the winner gets all the contingencies as well? Is that how I understand it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 140
Location: Phoenix Arizona
jmeris wrote:
realride wrote:
AGAIN this rules is for SO.CAL only. being from AZ you will not be illegal, unless you want to run for championship points in So.cal

We would love to have the AZ or N.cal come and join us, and you will have no HP limit.



So if an AZ or nor cal racer wins both H2 races and get dyno'd, and dynos OVER the HP limit. Then he or she does NOT get DQ'd because it is NOT their home region and not racing for so cal points? In addition, the winner gets all the contingencies as well? Is that how I understand it?


Sounds good to me.

_________________
1990 Acura Integra #510


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 am
Posts: 11
jmeris wrote:
realride wrote:
AGAIN this rules is for SO.CAL only. being from AZ you will not be illegal, unless you want to run for championship points in So.cal

We would love to have the AZ or N.cal come and join us, and you will have no HP limit.



So if an AZ or nor cal racer wins both H2 races and get dyno'd, and dynos OVER the HP limit. Then he or she does NOT get DQ'd because it is NOT their home region and not racing for so cal points? In addition, the winner gets all the contingencies as well? Is that how I understand it?


Yes you are right as always.
No dyno need it, no socal points but you will get contingencies

_________________
So.Cal Honda Challenge Series Leader
AEM,HASPORT,SPECIAL PROJECTS,GEAR-X,Portflow,Bisimoto


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm 
Offline
Postmeister
Postmeister
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:14 am
Posts: 1197
I agree if this is only for people collecting points in SoCal. That's fine. However, this statement...

civicek wrote:
But you have to remember that h2 is basically h4 with a swap and you should be able to go to the junk yard and swap an engine and be competitive.

...I disagree with. So do the H2 rules. (Aftermarket parts on B18/B20? Yuuup.)

Same reason I don't like the National whp cap:

ILIKETODRIVE wrote:
Honda Challenge is not Performance Touring. In PT I can build a car to the max of the rules AND my budget. (If you need me to explain this, I can.) In HC, if I don't build it to the max of the rules that is my own fault. They are outlined for me to follow, depending on which engine/chassis I choose.

If I choose to build a budget mid-pack car I know what to expect out of the car. I also know what to expect out of myself. I also know what the limits of the rules are. Therefore, I should not complain and tell everybody else to lower their whp to let me catch up.

_________________
As seen in Super Street FF Battle 4! (November 2012 issue)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 am
Posts: 135
Location: Ontario, Ca.
This agreement in no way was intended to separate so cal from the rest of the hc nation nor intended to keep anybody away. All the contrary it is intended to level the field and the only way we have is to follow the rules. This is nothing outside of what is written already. We are just deciding to follow what is already there. This by no means is binding with peeps that did not agree to it. I intend to honor the agreement and I hope that the rest of the homeboys here do the rest. That will give me a clear picture of where I stand if I decide to dump 10-15000 to go to nats .
If I race what a better way to know what I can do than following the rules.
But again if you guys want to come here you are not binded by this agreement. We like to host guys from other regions , so please dont have bad feelings about this, we are a community of guys that like to go fast and have fun and share good times . Let's keep it like that.

_________________
Marcel DeKerpel
http://www.gearspeedpartsstore.com
DK Racing, Bisimoto, insane shafts, Purol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:30 pm 
Offline
Hard-core Forum Racer
Hard-core Forum Racer

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:24 am
Posts: 799
Location: 2011 HPD Honda Challenge H1 National Champ, 2010 H2 National Champ: HC's ONLY 2-class Nat'l Champ
civicek wrote:
if I decide to dump 10-15000 to go to nats .


Marcel, you're joking right? It doesn't cost THAT much.

Would you go for about half? because, that's about what it costs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 pm 
Offline
Forum Time Trialer
Forum Time Trialer

Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 4:52 pm
Posts: 284
Location: Lake Elsinore
I agree with the decision and support you Benny. I think it will make it fair for the cars/engines that have a distinct dis-advantage due to a particular engine and chassis combo or build budget whichever it may be. Thankfully for this, I will be rebuilding my H2 engine, submitting a baseline and will seriously be making an attempt to return and race H2 with my friends instead of doing H1 by myself or even Time Attacks elsewhere. I look forward to some very close racing and it should be fun!
*Now if I can just fit it into my work schedule* :|

I also admire the enforcement of Passing under yellow, the contact and safety equipment regs, it is a big step in the respect of each other and each ones cars. This will encourage new drivers who may be afraid of possible bold driving to join us.

_________________
95 civic SoCal #64


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 am
Posts: 135
Location: Ontario, Ca.
jmeris wrote:
civicek wrote:
if I decide to dump 10-15000 to go to nats .


Marcel, you're joking right? It doesn't cost THAT much.

Would you go for about half? because, that's about what it costs.

:) well maybe I exaggerated a little. But I was taking in consideration transportation at 4.60 gallon of fuel and that's me taking my stuff is about $2000 plus 2-3 set of tires another2-3 and a national engine, maybe was off but you have to count with at least $7-8 thou.

_________________
Marcel DeKerpel
http://www.gearspeedpartsstore.com
DK Racing, Bisimoto, insane shafts, Purol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 140
Location: Phoenix Arizona
if this whole thing is about keeping cost down and competitive and fun and fast and hard to cheat and whatever else for H2 then why allow any internal engine mods beside the basic decking the head, .040 over or etc...?

for someone to build an engine and have to dyno tune it for the maximum performance per the horse power cap allowed for the engine in order to stay competitive just raises the cost because thats more time spent on the dyno to get it dialed in.

saying that az or nor cal can come into your house with uncapped hp and have a better chance at taking youre contingency, which we all know keeps us going, is just foolish IMHO. on the other hand if you require a dyno then that raises the cost of an outsider and puts socal at risks of continuously only racing each other and that gets old in due time. if for some retarded reason other regions adopt this ridiculous H2 ONLY national HP cap rule and have to dyno for their home track(s) and again for away track(s) and then adjust to be legal for which ever track racing on just doesnt seem low budget grassroots style.

2013... rule 8.1 H2 - H5 only and thats all thats allowed and then weight adjustments
H1 unlimited.




As far as the car contact during racing bumper to bumper or fender to fender should have a standard ruling but all cases need to be looked at individually and hopefully no one jumps the gun and gets the shoo-shiddily-diddily end of the stick. Also like to add that we all would like to have a properly functioning cars each and every time we enter and exit the track.

_________________
1990 Acura Integra #510


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Hot Lapper
Forum Hot Lapper

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 140
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Leland wrote:
shoo-shiddily-diddily end of the stick.



omg i almost peed myself... nice auto edit lol

_________________
1990 Acura Integra #510


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group