nasaforums.com

Official Forums of the National Auto Sport Association
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

NickD wrote:
Kind of an odd choice but it's also my daily driver and can hussle around the track very well. This was a DE1 at Watkins Glen:

I was at the event running the blue Focus ST. You were kickin' ass in HPDE1! My buddy and I had some entertainment watching you pass some impressive machinery. You seemed to have the same problem I did getting traction coming out of the boot in turn 9.

FFR MKIV Challenge #8758

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

MattKremers wrote:
I was at the event running the blue Focus ST. You were kickin' ass in HPDE1! My buddy and I had some entertainment watching you pass some impressive machinery. You seemed to have the same problem I did getting traction coming out of the boot in turn 9.

Heh, thanks. I was struggling getting a good line out of 9 that let me put power down towards the end. Earlier on I just kept it in 4th.

Which group were you running with? I do recall seeing your blue ST there and, in fact, my girlfriend has a kick going around photographing cars all around the track. I took a quick look and pulled these down:

The stills are here:

http://demandred.dyndns.org/~nick/ST/

There may be more, she took over 700 pictures. Luckily that was in the first group and you were by yourself there so it was easy to spot in my thumbnails.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:03 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Hi Nick. Nice to see you (and your car) on here.

I think I got the edge of your car from the Sunday Session 1 line up.

And here's one I paid for. :D

Hope to see you out there again sometime! It was my first time at Watkins and the whole weekend was really a lot of fun.

-Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

jjaisli wrote:
Hi Nick. Nice to see you (and your car) on here.

I think I got the edge of your car from the Sunday Session 1 line up.

And here's one I paid for. :D

Hope to see you out there again sometime! It was my first time at Watkins and the whole weekend was really a lot of fun.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff, yeah, I remember chatting with you in the DE1 meeting. It was a great day and dang, you were quick as heck around there too. I actually have a video I took from my dash, I was behind a white (or silver) BRZ and you were infront. We pretty much kept that line-up the entire session. I'll toss it up on youtube and send it to you if you like. I also probably have lots of pictures of your car. I'll have to check.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

NickD wrote:
Hey Jeff, yeah, I remember chatting with you in the DE1 meeting. It was a great day and dang, you were quick as heck around there too. I actually have a video I took from my dash, I was behind a white (or silver) BRZ and you were infront. We pretty much kept that line-up the entire session. I'll toss it up on youtube and send it to you if you like. I also probably have lots of pictures of your car. I'll have to check.

Quick? That can't be right. Every time there's an article posted about the FT86 platform, a thousand people come out of the wood work to complain about how slow it is and how their family mini van (and a clapped out Mack truck) will blow it away. :D :wink:

OK, fair is fair, when you told me you were hitting close to 130 mph before braking into the bus stop it was a real eye opener. Even with an after market exhaust, a catless header and a stage II ECU tune, I was only hitting about 116~117 mph in the same spot. :( Maybe 118 if I left my braking really late. :lol: And in some sessions, I could feel a lot of cars start breathing down my neck on the front straight. But the car is so well balanced and has a nice low COG, right from the factory, that a set of sticky tires and more aggressive brake pads makes it a dream to drive. I actually had no problem putting power down out of turn 9. But maybe I just didn't have that much to put down.

Post a link to the video and any pictures. I'd LOVE to see it. I didn't get any video out of that session.

Here's one more with your car in the background...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:24 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

NickD wrote:
MattKremers wrote:

Heh, thanks. I was struggling getting a good line out of 9 that let me put power down towards the end. Earlier on I just kept it in 4th.

Which group were you running with? I do recall seeing your blue ST there and, in fact, my girlfriend has a kick going around photographing cars all around the track. I took a quick look and pulled these down:

The stills are here:

http://demandred.dyndns.org/~nick/ST/

There may be more, she took over 700 pictures. Luckily that was in the first group and you were by yourself there so it was easy to spot in my thumbnails.

Thank you for showing that to me! I started in HPDE1 because it was my first event with NASA. I have been racing most of my life and have run the Glen before, so after the first session I was bumped to HPDE2. The Focus did great, but I have a Mustang that is more track duty I plan on running next year.

FFR MKIV Challenge #8758

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:07 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

So I managed to get all the pictures my gf took from that day and toss them in a gallery. There's over 700 pictures and many are shots like MattKremers's ST, in motion.

http://galleries.shacknet.nu/trackdays/ ... hp?album=2

I also found pictures from last year's Watkin's Glen event as well:

http://galleries.shacknet.nu/trackdays/ ... hp?album=1

The quality is turned down on all the pictures to save space, so if you see any you want with the least compression and highest resolution, just message me and I can send them to you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:43 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

NickD wrote:
So I managed to get all the pictures my gf took from that day and toss them in a gallery. There's over 700 pictures and many are shots like MattKremers's ST, in motion.

Hey, that's great Nick--thanks for putting all of these up! She certainly was busy.

If you ever post that video up to YouTube, please send me the link.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 pm 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

Looks like a few of you are somewhat local to me. I'm hoping to hit up the glen a few times next summer. OLOA drained all my funds in 2014 so I didn't get to the track as much as I would have liked.

1995 impreza with 2005 sti drivetrain swap.

The good news is that I made it into GRM magazine last month :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:18 am 
Forum Spectator
Forum Spectator

HPDE 1... going for my 2nd event this month!

HPDE toy and daily driver

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next